Last Goodbye

I walked down the lane, past the cold December wind fastening the belt of my overcoat. The cold wind brushed through my ears sending me those chills down my spine reminding me of those cold hands during the winters that used to tuck my hair around my ears. I heard few murmurs of people passing comment among each other about my cloth. I turned few degrees to see who they were, but they turned their faces into different direction. I walked carefully and hastily not to trip over while I was on my way to the café. Ten missed calls and 14 messages, my anxiety was at it's peak and I was having the adrenal rush that was making me sick. The same path that I used to cover to purchase groceries has now felt like a distance between the earth and the moon. Relativity of time, I suppose that's what Einstein proved, it may slow down or speed up according to one's relative movement. But time's always a slut when in need.

The left pocket of my overcoat was buzzing continuously. I slid my hand into it and picked up the call. "Where are you? And why aren't you picking up my calls? I've been waiting for half and hour now. Are you coming? Hello? We need to talk. Hello?" bombardment of questions huh.  I cleared my throat woahh that needs lot to answer  I thought "Hey I'm on my way . Just gimme 5-7 mins. Hold on I'm coming. " I hanged up the call in mid-way. I don't know what I was thinking but the phrase 'we need to talk' had so much to speak about. Seven months away from one another in different cities was the biggest hurdle in our relation but things definitely fall apart if you hold onto it for too long. Last night was tough for me but I have accepted my faith, our faith. It won't be tough today to part away, to say our last goodbye. 

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and started walking while my arms were crossed close to my chest. The breeze was cold . I put my right foot forward to cross the road humming 'Back to December' then I turned my head towards the left side and saw a speeding dumper moving in my direction....

I was paralyzed. As if, as if the moment froze. I was numb I couldn't move nor hear anything. A ringing sound is all I could hear, I tasted something metallic in my mouth. It was blood. I felt unsteady, light headed, my eyes were gradually closing, I wasn't having any control. I saw few people surrounding me but I couldn't hear anything. I was losing my sense....my eyes.... Slowly..... I was losing myself

A complete blackout

It was the last Goodbye that I had,