~ Chapter 10 ~

~~Two weeks later~~

Asami pov

It's lunch time and I'm enjoying the rice balls Fuyu-nee made me. I loved when she made rice balls and dango they were amazing! And I really did want to eat all of the food she made...but I couldn't.

Tou-san went overboard training with me yesterday. No not overboard...he never goes easy with me in the first place. It's just that he forced me to use my ice and my ice alone. I got burnt protecting myself from his flames.

Using ice was the only shield I had and my right side now spouted a burn. Sho-nii was furious which extended his training too. We were both exhausted and could barely move. What makes me sad though, was seeing the look on Nasu-niisan's face...he looked so horrified when he saw me.

Flashback~ Yesterday evening ~ 3rd pov

Asami panted, eyes staring up at the setting sky. Well, the blurred version. The tears in her eyes caused everything to blur.

"Asami.." Sho-nii struggled to her side looking conflicted and lost on what to do.

When a person gets burned, you either use ice or cold water to help cool it off before it worsens, but in Asami's case that would make things so much worse. She gripped onto his pants tightly unable to move anything else.

"Please, just stay with me nii-san." He nodded biting his lip.

"I won't leave until Fuyumi gets here." His voice hardened. He was angry. So very angry.

Tch. That bastard! Shoto furiously thought clenching his fist in the sand as all he could do was watch over Asami.

"Maa... Taidaima!" Natsuo's voice rang out right as his footsteps sounded and he appeared before the two.

Immediately Natsuo froze and his eyes widened. He dropped his bag and ran out to them skidding on the floor beside Asami.

"What- what happened!?"

"That piece of shit- I mean he forced her to use her ice for an extended time. She got burnt.." Shoto frowned "Natsuo, I can't help her, Fuyumi isn't home yet and I don't know where she keeps the things specifically for Asami."

"I do... I know, hold- hold on okay?" Natsuo got up rushing into the house and upstairs into Fuyumi's room.

He saw her place it somewhere in her closet before when he came for help with his homework. Natsuo frustratedly looked through his sisters closet for the box. His vision blurred and he bit his lip to stop himself from crying.

Arg! Dammit! Again! When is he going to learn!? A sob escaped but he quickly held in the others. Dammit! I can't do anything! Touya! Why'd you have to go and leave?! You'd be more helpful to her more than I could!

Damn it, Touya!!

》》》》

Elsewhere ~~

Blue flames erupted suddenly within an abandoned building. The cause of the flames glared off into the distance with nothing but hatred shining in his eyes. However under that overwhelming hatred, was a feeling he hadn't felt in a very long time, worry.

What the hell has me so agitated today? Tch.

He walked out the burning building still feeling as if he should be elsewhere causing someone else to set a flame instead of a measly building.