Chapter 13: Fountain of Youth

Narrator's POV

Jack was arm and arm with two prostitutes on the rotting docks of Tortuga. His arms were over their shoulders, one hand held a metal cup that contained beer. The effects of the alcohol gave him the confidence to lure these two prostitutes to his ship with the hopes of stealing whatever was in their pockets. He wasn't interested in performing any business acts with them, due to his internal commitment with Annette.

"Granted it tends to list to port, and has been, on occasion, known to frighten young women. But I promise you, you will not be disappointed," Jack said to them, building up the suspense for the Black Pearl.

They reached the end of the dock and one of the ladies asked, "is that it?"

"The Black Pearl?" The other asked, referring to a little longboat with a tiny torn sail that was left for Jack. "It's not very big."

"That, love, is a dinghy," Jack said, "my vessel is magnificent, and fierce and huge-ish and... gone. Why is it gone?" He darted his eyes around the dock, trying to find it.

"Is that it there?" The blond prostitute asked, pointing toward the horizon

Jack looked ahead and saw the silhouette of his ship against the pale sun and said, "yes, there it is." His blissful happiness was turned to confusion when he asked, "why is it there?"

The prostitutes looked up at Jack and he justified his honor, "it's much larger up close."

The red head, Scarlett, sighed and whined, "Jack, you promised to take us for a ride."

The blonde, Giselle, said, "I was to be given the first ride."

"What? You?" Scarlett gasped and started shoving her.

Jack noticed Gibbs asleep on the dock, so he slithered away from the bickering prostitutes and swaggered up to him, pouring his beer onto his face. Gibbs woke with a start, shaking the liquid off his face.