Chapter 3

TW: Scars, self worth, emotional pain, mentioned childhood trauma

Huening Kai stared at the stars that illuminated the night sky. The chilled night air stung against his face. A light breeze didn't make his shivers any better, but it did somehow calm him.
He wondered if there was a place out there, without any pain, suffering, bullying...he definitely wanted to be there, but for now he was here, sitting on the balcony of his best friends' apartment.

He was so happy when Soobin and Yeonjun said that he could live with them.
Both of his parents passed away when he was young, and so he lived with his aunt most of his life.
When he was fifteen he ran away, because he couldn't handle the arguments that his aunt and uncle continuously fought in.

He's not exactly sure what age it started, but he was also severely depressed. He knows it was from the trauma of his childhood, but he can't help but feel like his own self worth was part of it as well.

He felt so stupid at times. He felt like he could never compare to the wonderful life Soobin and Yeonjun where having. In a way he felt like he was ruining their life by living with them.
"They shouldn't have to take care of me"
"They shouldn't have to pay the price for my dramatic butt"
"They probably don't even want me here"

Back to the present, he stared down at his wrist, now covered in multiple scars.
He smiled a little at the sight before staring back to the sky.
He didn't know how, but somehow physical pain took a little away from his emotional pain...