Part 2 - The Commute

The sky, as usual, was just a black void, filled with red stars. The cabin was build on a hill, among a field of rich red grass. A single straight road was connecting the field and the city, which were miles apart. Lavender sighed and was less than celebratory to return to work, yet at least grateful for a breath of fresh air. Probably the last he would get tonight. The city had always seemed so.. strange to him. He and his roommates knew it was best not to live in one of those cramped apartments they have there. The devil could see his breath, due to the chilly air that surrounded him. He walked from the front door over to his gleaming car, which resembled a black 1957 Cadillac. While he wasn't born there, he was at least grateful for some parts of human culture. Humans may be a brutal savage child race, but damn, did they know how to make a nice looking car. He lightly grinned and patted the shiny bonnet, unlocking the door and getting into the driver's seat. "Back to work.." He muttered to himself, being less than enthusiastic about it. Lavender started the engine, and began driving along the narrow, asphalt road, with nothing but his car and the red stars to keep him company.

After a few minutes of driving and internally cursing his boss for making him come into work, the demon decided to turn on the radio. He was met with some strange transmissions. "Oh god- He's got a gun, someone help, oh sh-" The radio was immediately cut off. Lavender sighed and  again muttered to himself. "Maybe I should stream music instead.." The devil looked out the windshield, and saw nothing but blackness, and the red and grey skyline in the distance that was slowly getting closer. He was trying to remain occupied, as commutes were generally things that would madden him with boredom, especially when it was just a straight long road, which he had to travel to everyday. At least in other situations, his roommates carpooled with him! Now he was just bored and alone. And slightly hungry come to think of it. The demon's stomach growled, and it just added to his annoyed and awfully drawn out suffering. Bureaucracy stinks. Sometimes, he just wished something interesting would happen outside of work. Maybe he could wake up as a cockroach! Or go to court. Wait. No, he's done that. Lavender continued to drive and drive, hoping that he wouldn't go insane with boredom and eat himself before he got to work. That would call for demotion from his boss!