Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I slowly opened my eyes, it took a moment before I realised I was laid on the living room floor.  I tried to move but my body just ached. As I lifted my head I looked down at the dried blood streaking across my arms, more scars I thought, am beginning to have quite a collection on my back and arms from my years of staying here.

The dull glow of the morning filled the room, I slowly sat up and touched me face, I cringed in pain. As I stood up I felt my stomach aching, I went to the bathroom, I decided the best thing to try and do is have a shower.

As I got out the shower I felt more refreshed. I looked in the mirror; I winced when I saw the blue tones around my eye. As I stood there looking at my bruised skin, something I have done more than enough times, the pain on the outside was nothing compared to the pain I felt inside, the loneliness, the misery the thoughts that… if he did kill me, then death would be a much awaited escape.

I decided I didn’t want to go through this anymore. I didn’t deserve this! Why should I have this shitty life? I can’t change the fact my parents don’t want anything to do with me, and that’s fine I’ve come to terms with that, but I can change living here!

And that’s when I decided it, I decided that I was going to leave, I don’t  know what I’d do or were I’d go but all I knew is that I just couldn’t stay here and get beaten day after day anymore. So I decided to go now, before I changed my mind. I ran upstairs and grabbed my rucksack, I couldn’t take much so I threw a couple of hoodies and tops in and some jeans, my tooth brush, deodorant, perfume and my make up, I pulled on my black skinny’s, my Green Day shirt and my black hoodie. As I was blow drying my hair I began to feel more nervous about leaving, was I making the right decision? Then dread washed over me, what if Dan gets mad and comes looking for me. No! I have to do this for myself! I can’t live like this anymore, anywhere away from here will be better I told myself. After finishing drying my hair I ran down stairs and grabbed Dan’s wallet, I took $50, and then I took his card, I know I shouldn’t but what has he ever given to me other than a beating? He never used it! He never left the house only to go get more alcohol or cigarettes, and he always used his bank card for that and this was the savings account card. So before thinking about it I just shoved it in my pocket, and ran upstairs to get my bag.

I grabbed my phone, not forgetting my charger, pulled on my converse and ran down the stairs,

Just as I got to the bottom I heard front door close,

‘Shit he’s back’ i began to panic,

‘And were the are you off?’ his voice already sounded menacing

‘Am….am leaving’ I whispered

‘Leaving? Where are you leaving to? You have nowhere!’ I could tell he found it amusing

‘I don’t know, anywhere away from here, I can’t stay here anymore! Can’t take any more of your beatings!” I tried to sound brave but I couldn’t disguise the quiver of fear that choked in my voice.

‘Ha! Who will want you?! You’re nothing!’ his words hurt, I could help but being to well up,

‘I am something!’ I gritted my teeth,

‘You’re worthless; you never do anything you just sit around listening to music! That’s not going to do anything! No one cares about you!, you think the people who write them songs you listen to care about you? They don’t give a fuck! No one gives a fuck about you!’ anger rushed over me

‘SHUT THE FUCK UP! AM SO SICK OF YOUR SHIT! I AM SOMETHING! AND THEY DO CARE, I WILL SHOW YOU, YOU FUCKED UP PATHETIC PIECE OF SCUM!’ I couldn’t hold it in, I screamed in his face, and he just stood there not knowing what to say,

‘Get the fuck out’ he whispered,

‘Gladly’ I picked up my things and ran out the house, as soon as I stepped outside I took a deep breath, finally I was free, I couldn’t explain the feeling but I was overwhelmed with emotions.

What now? Where do I go? Where do I even start?

okay so what do you think? sorry its taking a while to bring Green Day in but am wanting this to be a long story so want to just make sure you get Grace's back ground, please let me know what you think, thanks!! :D