chapter one

*hunters pov*

"gooooood morning sunshine" i groan and open my eyes slightly, as i see my best friend, terrell, stare at me with the biggest smile on his face.

oh! let me introduce myself, hi. i'm hunter. i'm an 18 year old girl that's in love with terrell, my best friend.

let me just start off by saying, yes, i do have a guy name and it might seem weird to others, but my parents always wanted to name their child hunter, so when i came out, they didn't care that i was a girl, the name fits just right.

also.. i'm in love with my best friend.

he doesn't know, and he NEVER will. i hope. you see, terrell has a girlfriend. they've been together for MONTHS. probably around 5 by now? i don't remember. i just remember when my heart broke whenever he told me he was in love with someone else. that broke me to pieces.

his girlfriend hates my guts. for no reason. haven't done anything bad to her, i'm always respectful to her and terrells relationship. i haven't done anything wrong. but yet, she wishes i was dead.

everytime we're all hanging out, terrell always goes downstairs to get a drink, leaving me and heather up here. oh yeah, forgot to say, heather is her name.

boy do i WISH i was heather. haha get it? wish i was.. sorry. anyways, she ALWAYS gives me death stares, kisses him in front of me, and whenever he's out of the room she's so mean to me. once she threw water all over me and when terrell came back up, her excuse was, "terrell she spilt her water all over your floor, got any paper towels?" and gets away with it.

no matter what i say to terrell, he never believes me. he's so blinded by her manipulative personality, he doesn't realize i'm suffering.

is she really that insecure that she gets jealous? like jesus christ sit the fuck down and get off of your high horse.

but enough about me. let's just focus on right now i guess.

"so.. hunter." heather snorts, i snap my head over at her and give her a bullshit look. "have you ever had a boyfriend?"

i almost laugh at that question, but then i get really overwhelmed with the thoughts.

terrell looks over at me like he knows what i'm thinking about. guilt sits on his face and he changes the topic to tiktok.

my ex boyfriend, james, used to manipulate me and abuse me. he stole my virginity, he kicked me in the stomach every single time i 'disrespected' him. he was a horrible human being. he's currently in jail for 2 years, hopefully more. 2 years isn't enough for what he did to me. he deserves more.

i clear my throat and say my goodbyes to terrell, leaving his girlfriend behind. fuck that bitch.

i go outside and i start to shut the door, i hear terrell laugh from a few jokes she says. my heart stung to hear him almost piss himself. not even i can do that anymore.

sigh.