Chapter Twelve

(A/N: oh my god don't hate me)
Listen to "Life of the Party" by Shawn Mendez
And "Eighteen" by One Direction towards the end omfg.

Louis' POV:

Fuck off.

That's what Harry had told me every time I asked him if he was feeling okay.

It was obvious that he wasn't feeling okay, but no one wanted to mention anything. We all assumed he was going to his doctors appointment and everything he was supposed to do.

He wasn't.

We had the interview today, so I couldn't really say anything to him about it, but it doesn't stop me from worrying.

"Harry, are you sure you're okay?" I asked as our car pulled up to the studio.

"Fuck off," he answered again.

Is he embarrassed about last night? He shouldn't be.

He was acting a bit strange when we woke up this morning. He was being distant and closed off.

"Seriously Harry, you can talk to me," I pushed

"Fuck off"

I grumbled and stepped out of the car and headed to the doors.

Upon entering the building, we were ushered to a dressing room, where the other lads were waiting.

"Hey Harry, how you feeling?" Niall walked up.

"Fuck off," Harry offered with a smile. It was the fakest smile I've ever seen Harry wear.

Niall laughed nervously and glanced at me. I shrugged at him and sat down at hair and makeup, waiting for a stylist.

If Harry was upset about last night he can't just pretend like it didn't happen. I told him he didn't have to. He seemed pretty okay with it then.

I opened my messages to send him a text.

To: Hare-Bear

What's wrong?

From: Hare-Bear

Nothing honestly xx.

To: Hare-Bear

Harry, I know you better than that.

From: Hare-Bear

We'll talk later, please just drop it for now.

Glancing over to Harry, I pocketed my phone and stood, my hair done and my face lightly dusted with stage makeup.

Everyone was done besides Zayn, his hair always takes the longest lately. We stood in a line, waiting for our fifth addition.

The lineup was Liam, Niall, myself, Harry, and Zayn would be last.

Zayn joined us and we walks onto the stage infront of the screaming audience.

Harry winced slightly as the screams increased when he stepped out.

No one was expecting him to be here. He had collapsed on live radio and no one had seen him in public since.

Of course there were photographs of him being rushed into an ambulance on a stretcher, but other than that, no signs from Harry Styles.

"Harry," the interviewer jumped right into the topic, "you haven't been around recently, have anything to say about that?"

"Uhh, yeah," Harry paused, "well I passed out or something on live radio, that was kinda embarrassing," he laughed slowly.

"What happened with that?"

"Uhh," he coughed and looked down, "well it's a bit complicated, but everyone deserves to know. I guess I should start two years ago? Uhm, well," he was struggling with his words so I put a comforting hand on his upper back.

Harry turned and smiled at me before continued, "so I went to the doctors and I was diagnosed with... I was diagnosed, uhm," he paused and looked up at me.

"Stomach cancer," he finished. The whole arena rioted. Security could barely hold them back. Harry looked a little scared.

"Well it went away after a couple months," he started once the audience had calmed slightly, "but two months ago, it came back. Now it's worse," the venue was silent besides light sobs from several fans and Harry's deep voice.

"It has metastasized to my lungs and it's pretty bad now," he laughed humorlessly.

"That's, wow," the interviewer choked out, "Harry, at least you had the boys for all that,"

"I didn't really," he shook his head and laughed again, the rest of us silent.

"I didn't tell them, thought it all for the best,"

The rest of the questions were in some way related to the subject of Harry's condition.

"Well boys, what song are you going to be performing for us tonight?"

"Eighteen," I smiled at her. Me and the others had decided this one was the best.

"Harry will you be joining them?"

"I wish I could, I really do," he answered sadly.

The others smiled sadly at him, while I fought back tears. I wish he could preform too.

We stood and moved to a stage to the side. The opening cords of the song played and I shot a smile to Harry, still seated on the couch looking at us.

He smiled back as Niall harmonized with Liam to fill his part.

Zayn came in with his part and I longed for Harry to be able to preform with us. This is his passion. He deserves this.

The chorus came in and I had to drag my focus away from Harry to sing lightly for the harmony.

The song went nicely. Before my solo came, I moved back onto the first stage and knelt infront of Harry.

"I have loved you since we were eighteen," I kissed his hand, "long before we both thought the same thing," I held the microphone to Harry so he could sing his part.

"To be loved and to be in love," his beautiful voice came out, tears pooling in his eyes.

Obviously the crowd would go insane after something like that, but all I could see was Harry.

He is my world.
My life.
The breathe in lungs.
The blood in my veins.

I sing the last chorus straight to him. He was almost completely sobbing by this point.

At the end of the song, Harry stood and wrapped me in a hug.

The other lads joined in after a few beats, but Harry and I were wrapped up tighter than I imagined we could be.

Even after the others had pulled away, Harry was still latched onto me crying into my hair. I didn't want to let go either.

I only pulled away when the interviewer started to speak, "that was quite the performance boys. Harry, you only sang one line, but it was the highlight of the show,"

Harry smiled brightly and wiped some of the tears from his cheeks.

"Thank you," he spoke to the point woman who complemented him, "thank you," to me and the boys, "thank all of you," to the fans. All the fans.

(A/N: idk I got really bad news so I wrote the cute little larry moment to cheer myself up. Idk, it was short, but one more chapter, then the epilogue I think.)

L8tr sk8tr