Chapter One: Truth

Truth:

The property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality.

I can’t. I can’t. I can’t.

“We do not create life, we believe in it," Love said. “Wouldn’t you agree?”

Mercy watched with wide eyes as Love smiled, her black hair whipping in the wind as she brought the dark, swirling orb out in front of Truth.  

He stepped back in turn.

“You have no right,” he hissed. His eyes focused on the orb in fury. Whispers intensified throughout the crowd upon his defiance, but Mercy, even from her distant position, was not surprised to see his bitter glare. He had never been one to Fear, never one to lose - without a sect, without a soul beside him. He looked up at Love. “The newborn belongs to his line, not to you.”

It’s a Transfer. Mercy’sinsides clenched as she glanced through the cracks between bodies at the huddled couple. Though they stood no chance against the cruel Entity, their arms still wrapped tightly around the infant. She thought of the mere minutes before, of the beautiful collision of essence of the two Beings in the creation of the child, and how with the appearance of Love they had been reduced to fragile, cringing bodies.

Love giggled, covering her lips with her red nails. “In this realm, what doesn’t belong to me?”

“Leave.” Truth commanded. “Now.”

“Look at them,” she snickered,

effectively ignoring him as she turned her attention to the two. “They're begging for me.”

Help them, a small voice spoke inside Mercy. You have to help them. It echoed from older, brighter memories. Her fingers twitched.

Can’t. Can’t. Can’t.

Truth barred Love’s path. “Go. Or tomorrow, there will be no kingdom for you to call yourself queen of.”

The two locked eyes.

“The first Birthing, after fifteen years.” The woman’s smile grew thin as she finally turned to leave. “Even so, it’ll be overshadowed by what is soon to come. Do not stray into my path, Truth. Even you can’t fight what’s coming.” Mercy furrowed her eyebrows. Reason had been locked away with good intention, and although Love’s words rang ominous, she could make no sense of them.

“I can take anything.” Truth replied steadily.

“What?” she smirked, as she reached the inner edges of the quickly parting crowd. “Just you alone?”

As you can see, this is the completely NEW AND REVISED version of In Our Reason. Vomment! S'il te plait (if you please)