chapter 1

**Elena's Pov**.

   I sat at the back of art class not really paying attention to Mr. Maxwell, I just wanted this day to end. I looked up at the clock 10 minutes left than I can go home. 

"So  Elena,  you wanna come out tonight on a date"

I turned to my right to see Jaxon Jones sat next me he was a major player, he had all of the girls falling at his feet. 
But not me, Im never going to love anyone, all guys are the same, they break the woman's heart and run, I should know, my father did it to my mother two years ago and she has never loved again and on that day when my father left I also made a promise to myself that I will never fall in love.

I looked at Jaxon and saw a smirk playing on his lips, just hoping and praying that I would say yes.

"No Im busy today and every night this week and the rest of my life" I replied bluntly, Jaxon looked at me annoyed, he stood and glared at me before strutting over to his friends.

Eventually the lesson ended. I packed up my things and I was about to head out until I heard my name being called, I turned to see my best friend Celine.

"Hey do you want to come around to mine" She smiled. I nodded in response as we excitedly strolled out of  the school gates, we began walking to her house.

"So when is your brother coming back from his business trip in America" Celine asked me.

Yeah that's right I have a brother, he is 22 years old, he is 6 years older than me, he left two years ago for a business trip, he should be returning rather soon, I miss him so much, yeah I know I get to talk to him on the phone but it's just not the same.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD  ELENA  IS THAT YOUR BROTHER?! WOW LOOK AT HIS CAR!!" I stopped and stared at her and looked in the direction of which her eyes were glued.

And there he was, across the road smirking at us, he leant against a fire red mustang.

He looks a lot different from the last time I saw him, he is now around six foot and his muscles are massive, his skin had a light tan to it. His hair was almost white with tints of blonde, but the most unusual were his eyes they were a dark purple.

I ran towards him, when I reached him he embraced me, I felt his warmth envelope me.

"Awwww Kian your home why didn't you tell me or mum" I giggled. He sat me on the roof of his car and smirked.

"Well I wanted to suprise you I told Mum to keep it a secret and Celine was in on it" My jaw dropped my best friend kept a suprise from me, she's the best friend ever, Celine left us saying that me and Kian had alot to catch up on.

"So little sis how's life huh?" He ruffled my long brown curls but I couldn't help getting lost in his deep purple eyes.

"Oh umm boring...so you got a girlfriend?"  I giggled.

"ummm well it's complicated.....nothing for you to worry about" He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

I nodded taking in Kian's features, something about him was so different.

"Elena?" I looked at Kian and gave him a small smile.

"Yeah what's up?" I squeaked, Kian just smiled at me and lifted me off the roof, placing me in his car. He then closed the door and went around to the other side and placed himself in the drivers seat, we fastened our belts in sync.

"Well I was thinking when we get home later tonight I'll take you and Mum for dinner, what ya think?" He started the car and began to drive us home.

"Yea it sounds good" I grinned.
******************************
When we arrived home I ran to my room to pick out a dress leaving my brother and mum to talk.

**Rachael's Pov**(Kian's and Elena's mum)

I waited untill Elena had gone upstairs before I spoke to Kian. He walked in and sat down on the sofa. It's been two years since Kian left and I missed him dearly, but what i was about  to say was driving me nuts, it is going to break my heart, I love my children dearly but I couldnt hold it in any longer.

"Kian.....they're after your sister, your father and his men you need to take your sister and run, if you dont they will kill her Kian, they can't take my baby girl Kian they just cant! So after dinner take her away from here" Kian's eyes widened in shock.

" WHAT!! YOU SAID SHE WAS SAFE, YOU SAID THEY WOULDN'T FIND HER.........HOW COULD THIS BE....I THOUGHT ELENA WAS DIFFERENT FROM US....SHE HAS FRIENDS HERE I CAN'T TAKE HER MUM" Kian's anger grew he slammed his fist down on to the oak wood table and a crack formed.

"I know okay, I know, I don't know how your dad found her, just take her after tonight....give her this letter it explains everything you got that, Im sorry Kian" My eyes brimmed with tears as I gave him the letter, he tucked it into his Jeans pocket.

"Fine i'll do it....whatever it takes to get him and his men away from Elena, away from this mess" He replied whilst walking away to check on Elena upstairs.