Introduction

• Dedicated to My friend, Daniel

First of all, the following characters are not my creation. This is a Nisekoi fanfic and therefore, not the actually content of the Nisekoi series. I do not own any of the Nisekoi characters. You should check out the manga and anime series though, because it's awesome!

If any of my real life friends are reading this, you probably shouldn't bother actually reading this because it's sort of bad and you wouldn't get it. Unless you're Daniel, maybe...

Raku's P.O.V.

My name's Raku Ichijou. I'm just your regular 16 year old teenager. Just one difference though. Unlike other people my age, I happen to live in a very violent household. It's not like we beat each other up. It's more like we beat other people up. Now, I know that sounds really bad. I, personally, don't particpate in this violence. We don't usually get in trouble, but it seems like the past few days have lead to a few of my family friends losing an ear or two.

I'll admit something. My family's yakuza which means everyday, I'm surrounded by violence. However, I guess in a way, the violence lead to me finding out something about my past. I certainly didn't think it would come to that, but it did.

You see, ten years ago, I made a promise with a girl around 10 years ago. I don't remember her name or who she is, but I do remember I made a promise with her. How can I forget? I have a pendant which is evidence that I'm not imagining it. This girl I made a promise to gave me this pendant that I have treasured since then. She has the key. It may be a childish, unlikely promise, but we promised we would open the pendant when- if we meet again.

However, here comes my dilemma, after a course of unfortunate incidents, I have learned that four people from my childhood have four keys that may open my pendant. The thing is, though, is that my pendant's broken thanks to that gorilla girl.

Oh, that's right. Let me introduce you to my girlfriend, Chitoge Kirisaki. Might I add the fact that she's not my real girlfriend. She's only my girlfriend because in order to keep the peace between our two families, we have to pretend we're in a relationship for the next three years. No one knows that our relationship is fake except for a few close friends and our fathers. It was my dad and her dad, Adelt Kirisaki's idea to pretend we are dating to keep the peace between the rest of our families. My family is yakuza while her family is a gang, so you can understand how our families wouldn't mash well together. Besides, if we had an all out war, so many innocent people could get hurt. Chitoge is the most obnoxious person I know, but she has some good features. I guess. Sort of. I'm not so sure anymore.

*WHACK*

"Hey! Watch it! What was that for?" I yell.

"You stupid beansprout, don't talk about me like that!"

"Chitoge, I was only—"

"Shut up, I'm going."

Well then, she stormed off and left. Why was she even here to begin with? Sorry, I'm getting distracted. Chitoge is one of the four people with a key that might open my pendant. We might never know though because she broke my pendant and I don't know if it'll be able to be fixed.

Another person who has a key is Kosaki Onodera. She's a sweet, nice girl in my class. She's like an angel from heaven. So perfect compared to Chitoge. Ahem, sorry. However, although, she is really close to perfect, she does a chink in her armour. She is not the best cook. She's great at making food look good, but it's a bit different when it comes to tasting good... Still, Onodera is so gentle and good-natured. I'll be down-right honest. I like Onodera. I wish she was the promise girl, but like I said before. I won't be able to figure that out until my pendant gets fixed. That is, if it gets fixed.

The third person with a key is Marika Tachibana. She's overly clingy because she likes me. I don't know what I did to deserve her dedication, but she really likes me. However, sometimes, she gets out of hand. Her dad is the head of the police and apparently, when we were younger, my dad had promised her dad we would get married. Thankfully, I cleared that up with her father. Dad is always causing trouble for me.

The last person is Yui Kanakura. She's like an older sister to me. She's a few years older and she's my homeroom teacher. She's also the don of a mafia group, which I totally didn't expect to happen to her. Unfortunately, her parents died so she moved back to Japan because she considers me to be her only family.

These are only four of my friends. While I'm introducing my friends, I shouldn't forget the others. That would be rude of me. My best friend's name is Shuu Maiko. He's quite the perverted troublemaker, but he's a great friend. I've known him for way too long, ever since kindergarten. When I had trouble making friends because I was yakuza, he was the only one who always stood by me.

Another one of my classmates, Tsugumi Seishirou, is also one of my good friends. We had a rough start to our friendship, but we started to become friends... I think. She actually tried to kill me in the first few minutes that she met me. Although, Seishirou is a boy's name, Tsugumi is actually a girl. She's also Chitoge's bodyguard. However, I don't really think Chitoge needs a bodyguard because she's pretty tough, but Tsugumi is totally dedicated to the protection of Chitoge. She doesn't know Chitoge and I are a fake couple.

Ruri Miyamoto is another fellow classmate, who is a friend of mine, but I have a feeling she doesn't like me too much. She's the best friend of Onodera. (How awesome that must be to be so close to Onodera!)

I still find it hard to believe that somehow, one of my four childhood friends are the key to solving my mystery. Although, I don't remember two of them (Onodera and Chitoge), it's hard to believe that becoming Chitoge's fake boyfriend that I was becoming closer to solving the mystery of who I made the promise to.

(A/N My first time writing any kind of fanfic so don't kill me! I really love the Nisekoi series so I decided to write a bit about it because I thought it would be fun. I'm following the manga closely and I'm praying and hoping that it's really Chitoge who made the promise with Raku. Also, thanks to my friend, Derek, for giving me some things to add to my intro! Time to go. Later! ~pajamas0213)