Chapter 9

He keeps knocking on the door, I’m not ready yet to see him but he won’t stop knocking. I really want to stop knocking but I’m not ready to see him or talk to him. I get up, go to the closet to see if her clothes are in this bedroom and lucky for me they are not. I lay in bed and close my eyes because I feel sleepy. 

Footsteps of people moving around and knocking stuff around wake me up and also my grumbling stomach. It’s dark outside. I wonder how long I slept. I get up, open the door and see men carrying a new headboard. He really brought a new bed?. I sigh, go downstairs. I see many plastic bags on the kitchen counter and I smile. I wonder where he is. 

I open the plastic bags and see that he mostly bought frozen foods and some veggies. For a guy who’s a doctor you would think he would buy veggies and stuff. I take them out and put them in the deep freezer. I hate frozen foods. I look at the time on the microwave, it’s 7pm. I go upstairs and he’s there helping the man put on the bed frame. It looks really big and nice. 

“ baby you are awake?. I’m sorry we woke you up. ” he says coming towards me and kissing my cheek. I let him cause I don’t want anyone to know that we are not ok. I smile. 

“ No, my stomach woke me up. I’m hungry. Have you seen my phone? ”I look around for it. 

“ here it is. Your sister and mother called, I told them you are sleeping. ” he says, giving me my phone. I guess he thought it’s okay to answer each other’s phone. I go to the bathroom, he follows me there. Closes the door behind him 

“ I want to pee but I can’t do that with you watching me. ” 

“  Pat called you. ” I lift up my dress, sit down and pee. 

“ Why did you answer my phone? ” 

“ Am I not allowed to answer it? ” 

“ So I'm also allowed to go through your phone and master it?. ” 

“ I’ve got nothing to hide. You can answer my phone, I’ll give you the pin. I said Pat called you. ” 

“ What did he want? ” I wipe myself, flush and wash my hands. 

“ He wanted to know if you got the car and house keys and I told him that you did. He wasn’t exactly happy to hear that it was me who answered your phone. ” 

“ What do you want me to say? ” 

“ I don’t like whatever he’s trying to do. ” 

“ You sound jealous of something that’s even there. He’s just my lawyer Sthembiso that’s all. ” 

“ hmm. ” I closed my eyes and counted to five. “ I’m sorry I didn’t tell you everything about how far things were with me and Lebo. I should have fixed everything before inviting you to come here. I changed the code and the house locks. I bought a new bed as you saw. Lebo's clothes are in my car and I will take them to her place.” 

“ Do you think it’s a good idea to go there? ” 

“ I can’t take her clothes with me to work Lwandle that’s cold. The least I could do is take them to her place. ” 

“ go ahead Sthembiso since you so badly want to go there. You know what I don’t get Sthembiso is, that time she was at Newcastle and you comforting her and all that. Didn’t you two talk about the keys and when she’s going to take her clothes?. ” 

“ We didn't. She was too emotional and I didn’t want to upset her further. ” 

“ ohk. I’m going to give you some time to find closure from the relationship you had with her. When  you are ready and have sorted your feelings for her you know where to find me but I won’t sit around, watch you make a fool out of me. I will walk away and give you what you really want. Thank you for buying the bed but I won’t be sharing the same bed with you until you know when. I’ll take the spare bedroom. ”