Chapter Fifteen-Don't Leave me

I'm scared that if I let you go, you'll leave me and disappear forever.
........ ........... .......
Gulf doesn't know exactly how much time he was sitting here for while holding that man in his arms. He could feel that Mew's body was burning with a high fever. But still, he was holding him tightly cause the other man refuses to let go of his shirt. Even when he couldn't open his eyes properly, he was still holding onto him. Even when he was going in and out of consciousness every now and then, Mew still didn't let go. So Gulf didn't let go of that man either. And right then he also made a promise to himself that as long as he can, he'll never let go of this man again.

"Gulf, we need to do a thorough checkup, also we need to change the IV. If you just let him lie on the bed it'll be easier."

He looked at Aom. She was right. He needs proper care. Gulf cannot see him hurt. He nods at her then began to slowly remove mew from his arms but that man held onto him opening his eyes slowly.

"G..Gup" That broken voice gripped at his heart and refused to let go.

"I'm here. I'll be right here. I promise you.....They just need to check on you.

Mew shook his head a little holding onto Gulf's shirt even more tightly. "D....don't leave." He whispered as a tear lest his eys. "Don't le..leave me."

Gulf could feel his own eyes tearing up but he held them back. For as long as he can remember, people only leave him. They don't like to be with him. They don't want him to be with them either. It felt as if he was a plague that needs to be get ridden of. But this man. This man who was unable to even open his eyes properly was holding onto him with whatever strength he had then.
"G..Gup..." Mew tugged at his shirt again.
Gulf couldn't do it anymore. He sat down on the bed again engulfing that man in his embrace.
"I'm here. I'm not leaving you. I will never leave you again."

Aom sighed in defeat. She knows Gulf. If he says he is not leaving then nothing can make him.

She ordered the nurse to change the Iv like that as she measures his temperature again.

It was still on 105.

She nodded at Mild who was sitting in a corner looking at the scene before him.
Maybe he was wrong. After seeing Mew in that state he was starting to think that maybe if Gulf wasn't there Mew would've been better.
But Now, He knows. That idiot friend of his would've died without that man beside him now.

"Come with me. You still need to fill out the form." Aom told Mild who followed her out of the room but not before taking another glance at the couple on the hospital bed.

"I think he is asleep now. You can make him lie down." Gun said with worry as he looks at his friend. He remembered clearly when Gulf needed stitches in his legs before. He ran out of the hospital screaming his lungs out.

"I can't. I promised him I won't leave him, Gun. I won't break my promises."
He said while looking at Mew's face. It was still so pale. His lips were cracked up too. From up close he understood how much weight this man lost.

I shouldn't have left you alone. If I knew I'll find you in this state, I never would've left you in the first place.

Gulf never left his side for the whole night. He kept sitting there holding a sleeping Mew in his arms. "I will never leave you again. " He whispered throughout the night. "I'll never leave your side again. I prosmise. I promise you."

But then he didn't knew that it was a promise he was going to break very soon. Because His grandfather was right. His granfather was right when he said that There was a price to be paid when you were born with the last name as kanawut. Gulf understood it a little later but he understood it fully.