The 7-year itch?

Years passed and before they knew it... It is the 7th year of their marriage. Sarah lessen her work load to have more time for the children and Matt. Their relationship is of so far except for some petty misunderstandings.
Ivan: Bro, Ivan is coming home next week a break after his last race. We'll go out daw. Medyo matagal ka na namin hindi nakakasama.
Matt: Oo nga. Sabihin ko lang kay Sarah.
Stefano: Baka naman hindi ka papayagan (laughs)
Matt: She allows me to go out with you guys naman. Ako lang ang ayaw. Ayaw ko humarap sa mga temptations (smiles)
Ivan: Oh I thought you are already a saint bro. Lalaki ka pa rin pala.
Matt: I still appreciate beauty din naman but I know may restrictions. I love my wife, man. I love my family. I don't want anything to ruin our marriage.
Stefano: Kaya idol kita, bro (smiles)
Ivan: But you know 7 years na kayo... And there's a so called 7 year itch.
Matt: Gago! Hay naku Ivan kahit kailan ikaw... (Laughs)
.......
Sarah: Love, I guess it's about time you go out with your friends. Masyado ka ng mabait na asawa.
Matt (laughs): So I have your permission to fool around? (Teases her)
Sarah (hinampas si Matt): Hindi yan ang ibig kong sabihin! Clean fun lang. Walang sobra.... walang out of boundaries.
Matt (laughs): I'm just kidding. Mahal na mahal kaya kita (hugs and kisses her then doorbell sounded). They're here na yata. We will be using one vehicle lang.
Marlon: Hi Sarah! (Made beso) Bro, are you ready?
Sarah: Hi Marlon! Congratulations on your race.
Marlon: Thanks (smiles)
Matt: We'll go ahead Love.
Sarah: Be careful. Don't drink and drive (kisses Matt on the lips)
Marlon: Don't worry Sarah I don't drink and I'm the designated driver (laughs)
..........
Ivan: Let's party guys! Ang daming magaganda at sexy!
Matt: Ivan, magparty ka pag gusto mo. This is guys' bonding. Besides lahat kami taken na except you.
Ivan: Ang KJ mo naman , bro. Pinayagan ka na nga ni Sarah lumabas.
Three girls approached them and introduced themselves.
Girl 1: Hi guys! Mind if we share a table? Puno na kasi ang club and your spot is quite big only for 4 people. I'm Cassie, by the way. This is Tricia and Nicole. (A pretty girl in a tight body hugging red sleeveless above-the-knee dress)
Ivan: Sure you can join us. I'm Ivan. This is Matt, Marlon and Stefano.
Cassie: Wait you're Marlon Stockinger and Matteo Guidicelli! Wow! This our lucky day girls. (Matt obviously doesn't like the idea but made room for the girls anyway) Sayang you're married na Matteo. Crush kita since nasa showbiz ka pa (smiles). Cassandra Reyes... Cassie for short (extends her hand for a handshake)
Matt: Well, you already know me (smiles weakly and shakes her hand).
Tricia: Actually, she knows you very well. Walang movie mo na pinalampas nya dati. She even has your poster in her room until now.
Nicole: And she wishes that she is Sarah (laughs)
Cassie: Hey gals! Friends tayo. You make me sound like a stalker. Hay naku Matt. Huwag ka maniwala. Let's order few drinks. My treat! (Smiles sweetly).
The few drinks turned out to be a lot of drinks. Marlon looking out for the guys was worried. Matt had too much to drink with Cassie also drunk already too close for comfort. She rest her head on his shoulder and act like as she is his girlfriend.
Marlon: Guys, we better head home. Matt, it's almost 3am.
Matt: No, no. Let's have a couple more drinks. Right, Cassie? (Sounds really drunk)
Cassie: Right! (Laughs as she touches his right thigh)
Ivan: Oh come on! Ikaw naman Marlon ang KJ.
Stefano: it's because he doesn't drink! (Laughs)
Marlon: We better leave, guys. Trust me. I'm sure Sarah is worried about you, Matt.(said seriously)
Matt: Oh yeah! I haven't checked my phone. Sorry ladies... We have to go. (Got up but fell back on the seat)

Cassie (laughs): if you can get up... Thank you for a fun night (suddenly kisses Matt on the lips)
Ivan: Woah! (Stefano and the two girls just laughed)
Marlon: Come on Matt. (Pulling him up)
........
Marlon: Sorry Sarah. He had too much to drink. The other two were also wasted
Matt: Hello, Love!
Sarah: I've been calling him since midnight. I am worried sick. Can you help me get him up to our room?
Marlon: I'll go ahead (after they brought Matt to their room)
Sarah: Thank you and drive safely heading home ( made beso and closed the door)
She attended to Matt. Pinunasan nya ng wet towel and dress him up in boxers and white sando.
Matt: Sarah, I love you! (Said softly then slept soundly)
Sarah: I love you too! Sleep now, love ( kisses him on the forehead)
..........
Matt woke up with a severe headache and found that Sarah was not beside him.
Matt: Mahal! Love!
Sarah: I see, gising ka na. Here inumin mo ang Paracetamol at ang espresso mo. It will make you feel better. May kasalanan ka pa sa akin you did not answer my calls kagabi. Nag alala tuloy ako.
Matt: Sorry, love. Napasaya ang bonding namin magbarkada.
Sarah: Huwag na mauulit. Make sure pag lumabas ulit kayo update mo ko on what time ka uuwi. Pupunta ka pa sa shop? It's almost 10am na.
Matt: Drop by na lang ako later ng hapon. Tulog muna ako. I'll call Gladys.
......
Gladys: Good afternoon Sir. Mukhang hang over talaga a (smiles) May tumawag pala
twice na. A girl named Cassie Reyes, friend ninyo raw po.
Matt: Good afternoon. Cassie? A ok. I'll be in the office lang if you need me.
Matt entered the his office and a few minutes Gladys knocked.
Gladys: Sir, may bisita po kayo. (Cassie entered wearing a short sundress and red lipstick)
Cassie: Hi Matteo! I called twice pero wala ka pa and I was around the vicinity so I decided to drop by (approached him and made beso)
Matt: Thanks Gladys (Gladys went out with one eyebrow raised) I'm surprised to see you Cassie. Paano mo nalaman ang shop na to that I would be here?
Cassie: My brother is an athlete and he buys stuff here. I have seen you once here before when I went with him. Friends naman tayo di ba? Mind if I sit down?
(She sat down and crossed legs that hiked up her dress showing her legs)
Matt (tried not to notice): We only met last night. Well, I guess acquaintance but not really friendship level (laughs). Can I help you with something? Gift for your boyfriend?
Cassie (giggles flirtatiously): No, I don't have a boyfriend. Nag drop by lang ako to visit you. Don't you remember anything last night? We kissed!
Matt (confused): We... What? I'm sorry but I vaguely remember. I know you're really a sweet sexy lady... But Cassie, I'm happily married!
Cassie (stood and approached him): Really?... Well I find married men...attractive. By the way, I'm 28. I'll keep in touch (kissed him on the cheek). See you (went out of the room)
Matt called Marlon on the phone.
Matt: Bro! What did I do last night? You're the only one not drunk last night so please tell me.
Marlon: You had too much to drink, bro and Cassie has been clinging on to you like a monkey. She is too into you. She even kissed you on the lips!
Matt: Shit! What have I gotten myself into? She came by here in the shop and doing all the flirting.
Marlon: What? You better do something. I see that she's bad news. Baka malaman pa ni Sarah. Wait....are you attracted to her?
Matt: What?! No! I love Sarah, you know that. Maybe it was just alcohol effect. I just don't know how to tell Cassie to back off without offending her. Gentleman pa rin naman ako. Actually, I told her that I'm happily married but she throws a line like she finds married men attractive. What should I do?
Marlon: You better tell Sarah. Come clean before it gets worse.
Matt called Gladys to come in the office.
Matt: Gladys, I have to go home. If any case, Cassie calls again or come her...make an excuse for me please.
Gladys: Ok sir. (Looking on his left cheek) Sir, baka kailangan nyo po punasan yan. May lipstick mark po kayo (smiles)
Matt: Thanks (wiped his cheek and went home)
........
The next day when Matt was going out of the driveway, he saw Cassie standing around the corner wearing skimpy running shorts and sleeveless shirt motioning him to stop.
Cassie: Good morning Matt! Leaving for work? I slept over my friend's house who lives here and I went out for a morning jog. Can I have a lift? Malayo na kasi natakbo ko.
Matt (sighs): Get in. (Cassie got in the passenger seat and once she sat down her shorts was shorter than ever)
Matt: What are you doing? Are you stalking me? (Controlling his anger)
Cassie: No! I'm not stalking you. Like I said, I slept over a friend's house.
Matt: Let me make this clear to you. The kiss that happened last night was a spur of the moment thing. It doesn't mean anything, ok? I love my wife... I love my family. You're an attractive lady, Cassie. Any man would fall for you.
Cassie (teary eyed): Any man but you! (Tears fell from her eyes) Can you pull over?
Matt (stopped the car): I'm sorry, ok? Are going to be ok? (Cassie stepped out of the car and ran as fast as she could) Matt just shook his head and drove off.
......
Sarah came home with Manu from school when Manang Inday handed her an envelope.
Inday: Mam, nakita ko po sa mailbox kanina pangalan nyo lang po nakasulat.
Sarah: Salamat po. Kanino kaya to galing? (She opened the envelope and saw several pictures of Matt and a girl - the girl leaning on his shoulder, both of them laughing with his arm around the girl, picture of both their faces so close to each other and one of them kissing - a note saying SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW YOUR HUSBAND)
Sarah suddenly looked pale and felt dizzy.
Manu: Mama, are you ok? Yaya please help Mama.
Yaya: Mam, Ano po nangyari? Manang Inday tulungan mo ako dalhin natin si Mam sa room nila. Manu, you go inside and stay in your room muna.
Sarah held tightly to the envelope and cried her heart out.
Her POV: Can Matt really do this? May pagkukulang ba ako? I never thought he could do something like this. I really feel he loves me truly and purely. How could he do this? Sarah... Be calm. Ask him first about this. But how can I be calm?
She called Shin and asked for advise.
Shin: Sis, are you sure the photos are recent? I suggest you talk to Matt first. Listen to him first.
Sarah: I don't know sis. Ang sakit! The pictures speak for themselves... He looks happy with her. Ewan ko ba....napagod na ko sa kakaiyak. In a few minutes he'll be home. I don't know where to start.
.........
Matt arrived shortly about 7pm and found their 2 kids eating in the dining room.
Matt: Good evening kiddos! How come it's just the two of you? Where's your Mom?
Manu: Good evening Dada! (He and Arianne stood up to kiss and hug their Dad) Mama, almost fainted kanina. She's not feeling well.
Matt (looks worried): What?! Yaya, anong nangyari? Did you check on her? Bakit hindi ninyo ako tinawagan?
Yaya: Eh sir, ayaw naman po ni Mam na tawagan kayo. Ayaw nya pong lumabas at kumain....parang iyak ng iyak po.
Matt went up to their room in a hurry.
Matt: Love, are you ok? (As he opens the door and found Sarah sitting on their bed)
Sarah (sounded angry but calm): Mabuti naman dumating ka na. I have to talk to you. How will you explain this? (Shows him the pictures)
Matt looked surprised and looked at her wife in the verge of tears. He don't know what to say...Marlon was right he should have told her.
Matt: Love, it was the night when we went out with the barkada. Those girls shared a table with us and we just bonded. She was the one who kissed me. Hindi ko na nga maalala.
Sarah: Bonded? How can I know that you did not kiss back? Paano ko malalaman nga siya nga ang unang humalik? Nagsumpaan tayo Matt. We agreed that we will never lie to each other. Communication nga di ba? Tapos sa ganito ko pa malalaman. (Started crying) Ang sakit, Matt! I trusted you!
Matt (approached and sat beside her and hold her hands): Mahal, let me explain. Sasabihin ko naman talaga sa yo. This girl for some reason parang fatally attracted sa akin. She has been stalking me starting from that night sa club. Pero love yun lang sa gabi na yun after that I've been trying to avoid her and shut her off. Yesterday morning, nakita ko siya dito sa village and I confronted her. Baka nagalit siya at gusto niya tayong sirain.
Sarah (crying): Ewan ko Matt! Gusto kitang paniwalaan pero nasaktan mo ako ng sobra. Iba to compare nung dati kay Charmaine kasi noon parang wala talagang valid reason. I don't want to be with you tonight or even the next days. It's either you or kami ng mga bata ang aalis.
Matt: Mahal....
He was left with no choice. He packed some things and left.
Marlon: I told you bro. Dapat inunahan mo na si Cassie. I understand why Sarah is really angry. (Told Matt while they are talking in a bar in Makati)
Matt (gulps his beer): I really hate what's happening bro. Ayaw ko mahirap ng marriage namin ni Sarah dahil lang sa isang lunatic. Cassie is crazy! Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin sa kanya.
Ivan: Hinay hinay sa pag-inom Bro. You can't solve your problem with alcohol. You already had too much.
Matt (cries): I don't want to lose Sarah! I will do anything to keep this marriage.
Stefano: Wait... Di ba so Cassie yun?
Marlon: Bro, don't do anything stupid! (He said as Matt marched towards Cassie)
Cassie: Matteo! Fancy meeting you here (smiles)
Matt: Can we talk? (In a serious tone) In private! (Led her into one quiet corner of the bar)
Cassie: How's your marriage? (Laughs)
Matt: What have you been thinking? Why do you want to destroy my marriage?
Cassie: Kasalanan ko ba bakit hindi ko sinabi sa asawa mo ang nangyari sa club? Good thing may screen capture ang hi-tech na cctv sa club and since the owner is one of my good friends nakakuha ako ng copy. No one refuses Cassandra Reyes' charm. I usually get what I want.
Matt: Bitch! Aargh... I wanted so much to hit you. But I will not stoop to your level!
Cassie: Go home Matt! You're drunk! Puntahan mo ang asawa mo. Let's see if she will still have you. (In all his composure Matt turn around and head out the door)
Ivan: Bro! You are not in the best condition to drive.
Matt: Leave me alone!!! (He drove fast to their house as the rain began pouring in)
His POV: Please Sarah...answer the phone. He has been calling her for 30 minutes. He is outside their gate drenched in rain...shivering in cold. Finally, Sarah answered.
Matt: Mahal...please let me in. Let's talk this out.
Sarah: Matt... It's almost 4 am. Please go to Marlon or Ivan. We'll talk when you're sober and I'm ready to listen.
Matt: Love, please.....Hindi mo na ba ako mahal?
Sarah (silence):.... Just go.
Matt drove off really fast as it rains very hard. Sarah looking through the windows. After 45 minutes, her phone rings she answered without looking on the screen.
Sarah: Matt, I told you we will talk some other time.....
Ivan: Sarah, si Ivan ito. Matt had an accident.....
...........
Bitin muna guys. Don't know where this story leads 😉 We'll see.