Chapter 15 - A... Charming Prince?

Bonding timeee! ;)

Oh, and it gets a bit... heated towards the end. Not in that way! (Yet).

Chapter 15 - A... Charming Prince?

For a week or so I adjusted to my new home and did the things expected of me - including showing up for my meals, and even making small talk with the man-whore. I mean, Adrian.

I would never have ever thought I could get used to it, but one thing was still missing: my family.

The maids and servants were all very pleasant, but it just wasn't the same. I hadn't even talked to Stacey for a few days and I was feeling as lonely as ever. I felt like I was going to go mad, in fact.

Well and truly "cray."

The only person who was around my age was Adrian and no way in hell was I actually going to tolerate his presence any longer than I had to. I'm sorry, but no.

That was, until something happened that wonderful Saturday morning which was completely unexpected.

It was a couple of weeks until my eighteenth birthday.

Thankfully, I was going to celebrate it in the comfort of my own home, so I wouldn't have to spend much time with Adrian or Carlos at all.

Anyway, the morning began the same way it always did. I got up (reluctantly), and got washed and dressed and ate breakfast downstairs with just Adrian seeing as there was never any sign of his father, and then I went back to my room until lunch.

Well that's what I thought I'd be doing.

At around 11, there was a knock on my bedroom door and when I opened it, Adrian was stood there looking as pleased as ever.

Of course I was instantly on my guard. Adrian looking pleased was something that I wasn't used to when he was in my presence.

'What do you want?' I asked him, none too politely. Of course.

He gave a small bow. 'I was hoping that today I would be able to take you out, my lady.'

I raised an eyebrow. 'Where?'

He held out his hand for me to take. 'It's a surprise.'

And that's how we ended up spending our afternoon in one of the most beautiful parks I'd ever visited, followed by an evening spent in a classy restaurant with fabulous food and tasty red wine.

Crazy, I know.

After the meal, he'd agreed to take me back but only after we'd reached our final destination.

On our way back to his estate he parked his car on a side lane out in the country, and walked us onto a hill where we sat gazing at the starry sky whilst sitting on a comfy blanket.

He'd brought a picnic-style basket with him and in it was another bottle of champagne (which mostly I drank) and some kit Kat's.

Not very sophisticated I know, but somehow he'd managed to find out from someone that Kit Kat's were my ultimate favourite chocolate in existence.

I'd happily give my right arm for a Kit Kat.

I distinctly remember how my eyes had widened to the size of small moons when I saw them being pulled out of the basket with my heightened vision, and I almost leapt onto him screaming for joy.

Half a bottle and three Kit Kat's later we were discussing the importance of Shakespeare whilst staring at the constellations.

Don't even ask.