6 | "there goes my baby"

Monday, September 13
7:50 a.m.

Cam's POV.
I've never been excited to go to class, especially on a Monday. I guess I'm more excited to see Briana than to actually be in class. I spent all day with her yesterday, and I still can't wait to see her.

When I walked in the building, I saw her standing in the hallway. I walked up behind her, placed my hands on her hips and kissed her cheek.

She turned around and smiled. "Hey you."

"Hey."

We walked into the classroom together and as soon as I took my seat, I turned around to look at her. I didn't even notice how hard I was smiling until she pointed it out.

"Why are you so happy today? I've never seen you come in here smiling so hard, especially on a Monday."

"Maybe because I asked the most beautiful girl in the world to be my girlfriend this weekend, and she said yes."

She smiled her billion dollar smile and covered her face with her hands. "Oh my God, stop."

I chuckled at how cute she is and uncovered her face. "You are so cute, and I'm so glad I get to call you mine."

I leaned in to kiss her, and she kissed back. We were so caught up in each other, we didn't even realize Michael was standing next to us. I honestly forgot he was in this class.

"What is this?" he smirked, sitting in the seat next to Briana. "Did young Cameron finally get the courage to ask you out?"

"Yes, he did," Briana smiled.

"That's my boy," he said, patting my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and the professor walked in. I gave Briana one last kiss before turning around as class started.

--+--

After class was dismissed, we went to the student lounge with Michael. He said he needed some help, so Briana volunteered to help him.

"Before we get started, I'm gonna go get something to drink," Michael said, "do y'all want anything?"

"Nah," we said together.

He walked away, and I turned my attention back to Briana. She must have sensed I was staring at her because she smiled without even looking at me.

"Why are you staring at me, Cameron?"

"Because you're so pretty," I said, kissing her jawline. "I can't help it."

She turned to face me and kissed me. Dang, she's got me feelin' some type of way just from a kiss.

"Do you have practice today?" I asked when I finally pulled away.

"No, but we have a meeting at 5:15. Why?"

"I want you to come to my room afterwards. I just wanna hang out with you."

"Okay."

I smiled and kissed her cheek as Michael made his way back to the table.

--+--

5:35 p.m.

After I got out of practice, I went to the field where the cheerleaders practice. I knew that's where they were having their meeting, so I waited for Briana.

Once they were done, Avery & Morgan looked at me skeptically and approached me.

"What are you doing here?" Morgan asked.

"Waiting."

"For what?" Avery asked.

Briana walked over and when she looked in my face, she smiled and ran up to hug me. I could get used to that.

I bent down and kissed her lips, forgetting that Avery & Morgan were standing next to us.

"Wait a minute! What is this?!" Avery shouted, gesturing at us.

Briana smiled. "Oh yeah, Cam & I are dating now."

"And when exactly did this happen?" Morgan asked.

"Saturday," I replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Avery asked Briana, slapping her on the arm playfully. "I'm supposed to be your best friend!"

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?" she pouted.

She gets cuter with every second of every day.

"I forgive you," Avery laughed, "but I told you y'all would end up together!"

"Whatever, Avery," she laughed, "I'll see y'all tomorrow."

I put my arm around her, and we walked to my room. When we got inside, she made herself comfortable on my bed while I took a shower.

I walked out of the bathroom in only my boxers and caught Briana staring at me.

"Like what you see, baby?" I asked her.

She smiled shyly and pulled her knees up to her chest to hide her face.

"Aw, Briana." I walked up to the bed and sat next to her. "You don't have to be embarrassed."

She looked up, smiled, and rested her chin on her arm. I softly kissed her lips and lied beside her on my bed.

"There goes my baby
You don't know how good it feels to call you my girl
There goes my baby
Lovin' everything you do
Oo girl, look at you"

We were watching the music video for "There Goes My Baby" by Usher and, I smiled to myself because those lyrics described my feelings for Briana perfectly — even though we haven't been together long.

I've never felt like this about any girl and honestly, it's kinda scary how fast I fell for her. But...I think I like it.