Chapter Seven - The Truth Hurts

Hello my fellow wattpaders. Short chapter, and i know it's been almost a year since my last update, but I do hope you enjoy. 

xx

After five hours, eighteen minutes and 6 seconds, Hermione finally decided on what she was going to do.

                Working with Draco Malfoy was the last thing she wanted to do. However, at this point it seemed as if it were the only thing she could do. No more hating each other. No more being at each other’s throats. It was time Hermione stopped the mess Voldemort was creating, and do something about it.

                By the time Hermione pulled out her phone, ready to text Draco, her screen lights up before she can even turn on her phone. Her heart jumps for a quick second before she opens the text from Voldemort.

Poor Ron. Having to go through those horrible words of yours. Truth or Dare?

                Hermione didn’t respond right away. After what happened with Ron, she knew was had to think through everything. What was Voldemort’s goal, exactly? Why was she chosen to begin with? What was the truth behind this all? Hermione hesitated for a long second before typing truth. It didn’t matter if she was hurt again. She could not lose this battle, although at the moment it seemed never ending to her.

                As Hermione waited for Voldemort’s text, she continued to think about what to say to Draco. Although the thought of Ron’s confession kept bothering her, she knew better not to think about it. Deep down she was hurting, and her heart was breaking. She knew another truth would be her downfall, but perhaps she could take it. Perhaps it wouldn’t be too bad, and wouldn’t affect her at all, even if Voldemort thought so.  

                Five minutes passed. Then ten. Hermione was getting impatient, so she finally decided to text Draco first.

                There is no way to stop him unless we work together.

                Unlike Voldemort, Draco responded right away.

                Is the mudblood getting all deep now? What next? Nothing is impossible unless we try?

                The pit of Hermione’s stomach started to boil, but she couldn’t let her anger out. Not now, at least. What happened at the café was unforgivable, but what else could she do?

                I’m being patient Draco. Remember, as you said, Juliet is in his hands.

                Don’t you dare mention her as if you’re free to do whatever you want, mudblood. I don’t want her name in your filthiness.

                Voldemort is going to kill us all, Draco. Please.

                Hermione took a huge breath before sending the last text. Begging Draco was the last thing she wanted to do. Thinking back, two days ago she wouldn’t beg Draco even if she was granted any wish in the world. But today, all that could possibly help was now on her priority list.

                But it’s the only thing I can do, Hermione thought, shaking her head. She pressed the send button, and a few seconds later, another text came in. But it wasn’t from Draco.

                Juliet is dead.

                Hermione dropped her phone on her carpet. Her hands begun to tremble as she came to the realization of what was happening. Juliet is dead. Draco’s Juliet is dead. What next? Harry, or Ron?

And then Hermione finally understood. Voldemort planned this all. He wanted to test Hermione, to see what she was going to do with this information. Draco would be devastated if he found this out, and would never work with Hermione. Voldemort planned this whole thing.

                All of these things, all of these truths and dares, was just to see Hermione collapse before his eyes. Ron was dating Lavender. Ron knew Hermione liked her. What was next?

                All the hope and determination Hermione once had was now gone. She slipped onto the ground, wrapping her arms around her knees. The world around her seemed to collapse, just as it had done before everyone was brainwashed in the beginning. Everything was going to be in Voldemort’s hands, and nobody could stop him.

                Except for me, Hermione thought. Nobody can stop him except for me.

                Hermione’s phone buzzed next to her, and with her trembling hands she picked it up. It was Draco.

                Give me one reason why I should work with you.

                Hermione didn’t even need to hesitate before she responded, I have a way to save Juliet. 

____

Author's Note

OK SO BEFORE I APOLOGIZE  I just want to say that I love you all so much. Thank you for reading this. You don't understand, until you write, how it feels like to have someone want  you to update. That feeling is probably the greatest feeling ever.

       BUT ANYWHO. I'M SO SORRY

On a happier note, guess who has exams????? I do. And I still updated so give me some credit. JOkes. 

Thanks for reading, i love you all. 

- cass

p.s. vote, comment, and ill love u 5ever