06: Bewildering Base

"I'M ASTA FROM HAGE VILLAGE! IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU ALL! I'M GONNA BE THE WIZARD KING!" the ash blonde declared, unfaltering when his words were met by the shouts and cries of the rowdy members of Black Bull - each of whom seemed to be in their own world. 

"That pudding you were saving sure was delicious!" 

"That's gonna be your last supper!" 

Meriam walked to the small male's side, placing both hands on her hips as she inhaled, exhaling with a smile. "Ah, such a wonderful base isn't it, Asta?" she asked, "Such liveliness, such magic, such..." Meriam trailed off, staring into the boy's green eyes with a Cheshire-cat like grin. 

"...mystery." she said.

"Eh?" Asta said in confusion.

"Oi lady short stuff stop scaring my new recruit with your conspiracy theories." Yami interrupted, his cigarette in hand as he reprimanded the female. Meriam cast one last knowing look toward the confused as blonde boy before she straightened, bring her hands behind her as she smiled innocently at the tall captain. 

"Whatever you say, Captain Yami." 

"Meriam-sama, what did you mea--" before the ash blonde boy could question the blonde woman's words, he instinctively screamed as a stray fireball came charging at him and blasted him away once more. 

A pink haired woman sat up, wearing nothing but her undergarments and Black Bulls robe with a bottle in one hand and the other on her head. "Would you guys shut up?! You're not helping my headache!" she complained. 

"Shut up, you booze-swilling hussy!" a boy with dual colored hair of black and white, with shades covering his eyes hollered at the woman, dodging as his blonde haired opponent attacked with a lightning spell. 

"What did you just call me, you virgin delinquent?!" the pink haired woman exclaimed, provoking the male. "H-hah?! W-who are you calling a virgin delinquent?!" 

His blonde opponent spoke, "Uh-oh! If you look away, I'm going to kill you!" 

"Just try and kill me!" 

"I told you guys to shut up!" a man with light brown shaggy hair yelled, "In the name of my angelic sister, Marie, I will kill you all!" he hollered, mirrors appearing by his side as reflective rays bounced off the walls of the building. 

Meriam chuckled at the chaos, "I must say, Yami-kun, I worry of your squad's financial status regarding your base's destruction." she pointed out before turning to him, "Or perhaps you have a handy and convenient secret mage who repairs the base by use of mana." 

Yami stared at her with half-lidded eyes, "Geez, stop doing that you freak. You're not supposed to know that shit." then he turned to his squad mates, mana pulsing around his hand as he took a deep breath. 

"You guys... STOP BREAKING EVERYTHING!" 

The wall behind them crumbled almost instantly as Yami brought his fist against it. The blonde female hid herself behind her tall companion in order to avoid the it of debris that fell to where she stood. Meriam held herself back from commenting on the fact that her friend had just done more damage to the base than that of the members'. 

Almost immediately, the members of Black Bull halted and stared at their captain with sparkling eyes. "CAPTAIN YAMI!" all of them yelled in excitement. Meriam stepped out from the behind the captain, a smile on her face as well. 

"Hey everyone!" she greeted. 

"LADY MERIAM!" their cheers grew louder at the sight of the blonde female, if that was even possible.