Chapter Six

Chapter Six

After entering her house, Liz wanders around the empty, new home. She admired the laid back style of their house, with comfy sofas and earthy colors. She sat at the island in the kitchen eating an apple and pulled out her homework from her bag. Mystic Falls made her feel different, she was more confident and comfortable here. She tried, and most importantly she cared about her surrondings here. Whether it was people, nature, or strangers. Like that weird but hot guy Klaus. Total stranger and a bit creepy, but she acted completely natural to those around her.

After an two hours of doing homework, cooking dinner, and aimlessly dancing around the kitchen, Liz was finally finished with her school work. She trudged up the stairs and flopped onto her bed face first. It was only 5 pm, yet Liz was exhausted. Nonetheless, she felt accomplished of her actions she made today.

As Liz was slowly entering a peacful sleep her phone began to ring. Sighing and rolling over, Liz groans and picks up the phone.

"Hello?" She groggily asked to whoever was on the other end of the phone.

"Hey Liz- Its Elena. I'm at Stephen's and was wondering if you wanted to come hangout? Caroline and Damon are here too, but right now their at the point of killing each other, which is why I'm inviting you to come over!" said a laughing Elena. In the backround Liz could hear distant yelling between a guy and girl.

"Yeah i'll be over in a few, hopefully Damon or Caroline isn't dead by the time I get there," Liz replied, gradually getting out of bed.

After the hanging up her phone, Liz lazily kept on her leggings and tye dye shirt, just slipping on some moccasions. Somewhat styling her hair yet not brushing it, Liz walked out the door to the Salvatore Boarding House.

She crossed into the yard, slowly wandering up to the massive victorian door. It even had a antique looking door knocker, which Liz glady used to knock on the door.

A smiley Elena appeared at the door, pulling Liz into a friendly hug.

"Hey Liz, you're lucky- Caroline and Damon are still fighting. Don't be surprised at what Damon says, he's often ruthless in arguments or moods like this."

Liz wondered what she meant by "moods like this". The couple times she's had encounters with Damon he was kind and witty.

I didn't know what the were fighting about, but by the sounds of it, I would have to guess it was old drama. Elena and Liz made their way to the parlor/living room area. Liz noticed how victorian and dark it was on the inside, and she admired the style. She also noticed the array of alcohol throughout the open and large room.

There was Stephen, sitting on the couch with a drink, trying to stop the arugment but neither would listen to him. He sighed and slumpt into the couch more.

"Hey guys... So Liz is here!" Elena said introducing Liz in a voice that sounded like I was a godsend to stop Damon and Caroline from killing each other.

"Uh..Hi," Liz merely made out. At first she felt ignored and awkward, but Damon and Caroline eventually noticed Liz as she sat down on a velvet chair.

"Would you like a drink? Or any snacks for this drama show?" Stephen asked with a warm smile.

"I'll have some bourbon please," Liz requested. She needed something to keep her nerves down.

"She can't drink bourbon! Stephen what are you doing?" Damon said with attitude, storming over to where Stephen was pouring a small glass. Liz suddenly felt her cheeks heat up from Damon's reaction.

"Damon, I can handle bourbon. It's not my first time having a drink," Liz explained, getting up to grab her glass from Stephen.

"Whatever, do whatever you please with my bourbon Liz. I'm sure that one glass will have your 17 year old ass wasted- Elena can take you home whenever," Damon snapped at me. Then of course Caroline butted in and started a fight with Damon, once again. Liz the drink from Stephen and sat in the chair again, swirling around the alcohol. Liz could feel my anger boiling inside of her, yet she was hurt at the same time.

Damon was aggressive, almost scary when he said that. His eyes got bigger and intimidating, his 5'11 frame suddenly seeming large and terriozing. Elena was right, he was in a mood. I sat quietly sipping on my drink, trying to focus on not getting upest and crying.

Elena eventually pulled Caroline away and into the library. It was perfect timing, as it seemed Damon was going to rip her head off. Liz felt unsure of where to go, it was her first time being in the Salvatore house. Damon ran his fingers through his hair then strutted off upstairs. I think I felt more upset he just left like nothing had happened, like it didn't matter that he put us through trouble. I heard a door slam and decided it was time to go.

"Um, I think I'm gonna go. My dad will probably be back soon and I need to make dinner," I lied out loud to no one in particular. I set my drink on a table and quietly walked with Stephen as he escorted me out. I waved bye to Elena and Caroline on my way out, telling them I'll see them at school tomorrow.

"Sorry about Damon. He's just, one of those people with a bad temper and attitude. He lashes out on people to show he doesn't care. But he does care, Liz. I've noticed he seems to care about you, so don't get caught up on his little temper tantrum," Stephen told me.

I nodded, partially understanding what he meant. Sometimes I would even lash out and get an attitude with people. I didn't mean to, and most of the time I did it to people I care about. "Goodnight Stephen," I said with a small smile and began walking to my house.

It was already 7 pm, and the sky was beginning to get darker and darker by the minute. I trudged over to my house, slowly moving up the three stairs to enter my front door. I couldn't get Damon off my mind, the way he could be so heartless,careless, and an asshole! Maybe Caroline is right about him. But theres just something luring me to him.

I locked the door behind me after I entered my house, I was nervous about those animal attacks, and Klaus. It was a bit crazy having a stranger show up to your new house asking for your dad and just leaving in a blink of an eye. Since I had the house to myself I began blasting my music and getting ready to chillout. It was peaceful for me just reading,writing, or doing stuff alone. I was wandering around my room, picking up clothes and moving random things in my room.

I heard a sudden noise, like a door slam or open. I scurried and paused my speakers, suddenly getting paranoid. For a while it was silent and I was confused- I know my dad, and he lets it known when he gets home from work.

All of a sudden there was another door slam, but not from my house. I tiptoed and peered out my wide window, curious to see if anything was happening at the Salvatore Boarding House.

Abruptly a voice yelled "You know what Stephen maybe you should just get out of my life! I'm tired of you and Zach invading my life!"

Damon.

I frowned at the sound of his voice. Angry and aggresive, yet hurt as well as wounded. I haven't known Damon for a month yet, but I could read him perfectly. He was an open book, however most people recongized him as a irratible and enraged man. But I could see something more; more emotion than he showcased. He's damaged, but has no problem harming people that care about him. I believe thats because he doesn't want to feel helpless.

It was almost hair-raising how Damon spoke to Stephen. He did it with a tone that was extremely harsh and careless. I stood there, utterly confused. I watched Damon run off into the street, not even looking back at Stephen at the front door. Stephen rubbed his face and then glanced at my window. I instantly plopped down on my window seat, not visible to Stephen.

To some extent in caused me pain to see him like this. When we met on several other occasions he wasn't like this, fooling me to believe that he was a good guy who was interested in me. In another sense I feel as if he just has bad anger issues, something I could understand and handle. I was feeling several different perspectives and thoughts when I realized something.

I'm falling for Damon Salvatore.

~