4. Bonding

ISABELLA^^^

AMALIA

Recap from the last chapter.

The moment my eyes meet hers, and hers meets mine, we say in unison,

"You!?"

The fuck...

------

"Nanny Amalia?" The young girl grins.

Nanny?

"Lily? Darling...what are you doing here?" I ask, clearly confused. Why is she holding Alessandro's hand?

Wait a second.

This Lily is his Lily?

Damn...

"How do you know my daughter?" He asks, narrowing his eyes. As soon as he asked me that question, my mind goes back to two weeks ago when I met this little girl.

FLASHBACK

"Annie, I am leaving." I say before opening the front door and step out. It's a beautiful Sunday morning, and the weather is just...remarkable.

Stepping into the backseat, I order the driver to take me to my favorite little coffeeshop close to my company before heading there.

After few minutes, the car comes to a halt, and I step out and enter the shop.

"Welcome Ms. Ferrari, long time no see!" One of the waitresses greets.

"Hello Chloe." I greet back with a nod.

"The usual?" She asks and I nod.

This is the only coffee shop that makes a good Spanish Latte here in Sicily. I mean...I am a coffee lover and of course I have tried every coffee shop here, and trust me, none of them is as good as this one.

"Here you go Ms. Ferrari; I hope to see you soon." Chloe smiles, handing me the cup.

"Thanks Chloe." I mustered a small smile and handed her the money.

Walking outside the shop, I make my way to the car. As I was opening the door, I hear a loud cry. I quickly turn around and saw a little girl calling for her mother and sobbing hard.

I don't know what people would do in these situations. I don't see anyone approaching her, so I walk towards the little girl and kneel to her level.

"Hello sweetie, why are you crying?" I ask, even though I know she lost her mother somewhere in this road.

Anger starts to rise up within me at the thought that the mother is shopping somewhere, not caring if she lost her daughter.

Yet...her mother might also be looking for her.

"I lost my mother." She cries more. She appears to be 5 years old thank god because otherwise, I wouldn't understand a word she says.

She also speaks English...

"Where did you see her last?" I ask softly, grabbing her by the waist and pushing her softly towards me.

Motherly instincts I guess...even though I had never been a mother before.

"I was playing at that park—" She points at the park beside the café, "—and when I turned around, she wasn't there. She said something but I didn't here." A sob left her pretty mouth.

"Don't worry baby, I will take care of you until you find her, okay?" I smile warmly.

"Promise?"