Heksens Hus

It wasn't until the crack of dawn that Elsa opened her eyes again. She'd never woken up like this before; so rejuvenated and full of energy! She could remember what she was thinking of just before she'd blacked out: the second task.

That's right. She'd made a promise. Elsa wasted no time and she swung her legs off of the bed and leapt into action. It was still snowing when she looked out the window. Arendelle seemed to be at its most peaceful right at daybreak. She wondered if Jack knew about her deal, or if the Sandman had spoken, er, not speak, but made himself known to him at all. She hoped he'd kept his end of the deal and gave Jack pleasant dreams. Or better, no dreams at all.

She didn't know if anyone was under Sandman's spell or not, so she paced herself and sped from her room to Jack's. With some luck, they may finish before anyone was awake. Jack was completely still when she busted the door open, blanket tousled over him and hair in even more of a mess. Guess Sandy had done his job. She hoped the spell would be easy to break, at least. "Jack," she shook his arm, "Jack!"

His eyes flipped open. "Wha-What?" He'd been in such a deep sleep he didn't even know it was morning already! "What's wrong?" He asked in a scratchy voice.

"Where's the parchment?" She looked under the bed but only found Tooth's gold satchel. She reached inside the pouch of the mattress.

Jack wearily sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Why do you need that right now?"

Found it! Elsa took the paper and quill to the table and placed the tip onto it.

"Elsa!" He finally said in a demanding voice.

"The second trial!" She answered with equal authority. "I made a promise to Sandman we'd do it at daybreak."

"What?" He definitely didn't remember a visit from Sandy before falling asleep, though it might explain why he barely recalled anything from the night prior once he'd lied down in his bed. Based on Elsa's behavior, however, her words must reign true! "Why didn't you tell me?" He got out of bed to change his clothes.

"I just did, sorry! He was upset we didn't do the trial yesterday." She grew impatient with the parchment. "Why isn't it writing anything?"

Jack hopped to get one of his boots on. "Can you calm down?" Not even awake for five minutes and she was making his blood race! He looked over her shoulder at the blank page. "Just give it a second, it'll show up." Jack then remembered Tooth had said her babies would help. He reached for the satchel and put it over his shoulder. There was still nothing there.

"Maybe it wants you to do it." Elsa thought.

"I don't think it matters."

"Try." She gave him the quill and moved out of the way. Jack didn't know why it would make a difference, but right as he placed the tip to the paper, words began to etch into existence. They were both taken aback although they'd seen it before.

"It must want you to do this one..."

"I guess that's fair, you did most of the work last time." He tried cracking a joke, but there was no humor in his voice. He carefully read the words aloud.

...

Let the fairies guide you to the portal
Disguised as an old well,
Then use your blood to open it.
Once you step inside, you must
Use no magic.

Only one may go.

Tooth's three babies led Jack and Elsa out to the cold—it was still so dark that they weren't preoccupied with who might see them. They kept their sights set on this 'old well.' "This is strange." Elsa said. "I've never heard of anyone speak of a well out here."