Moving On. Moving Away.

*2 Weeks Later*

Layla POV.
What can I say? The past two weeks has been shit. Going fom being with someone nearly every single hour of the day for weeks to not being with them at all is just shit. Simple as that.

The day after the guys left to go back to their hometowns, we packed up and went back home to California. At the moment, I'm just sitting at home, in my room, by myself. My last few days have been quite the same. The girls and haven't hung out since we've been home but have of course been talking on facebook so tonight we are all staying over at Ivy's place. My mum and her boyfriend of two years were also happy to have me home.

Yes. My mum has a boyfriend. Trust me, when I was introduced to him two years ago, I was the furthest thing from happy. I was angry at my mum because I felt like she was moving on too quickly and I was mad at him well..for just being there! To be completely honest, I used to think that my mum got herself a new boyfriend a year after my dad left just to help her move on faster and to fill the void of not having a male figure in the house. I used to think that they weren't going to last very long either because of that same reason, but I guess I was wrong. I actually really like him. His name is Mike and I really can see how happy he makes my mum. He knows everything about that has happened and has always been extremely respectful to both mum and I about it all. For the past two years he has been there with us through everything.

As for Jack.
Well..
I haven't spoken to him. Like at all.
Actually, I take that back. I spoke to him for about half an hour of the night they left because he told me he would call me once he got home safetly. Other than that..nothing. I keep staring at my phone like I am waiting for the inevitable text or call from him but there has been nothing. Absolutely nothing. Then this boost of confidence finds its way inside of me and I type out a text message just to see what he's up to or how he's going and then I think to myself, 'there is two ends to a phone'. If I send him a text will I be annoying him? Will he even reply? And why should I even send him a text? If he wanted to talk to me then he would message me. I know we agreed to not be "together" but I thought I would have heard something from my "friend".

My thoughts were suddenly interupted,
"Layla hun? Can you come down stairs please?" My mother called

I got up off my bed, forcing my eyes to pull away from the computer screen they had been staring at for hours. I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where Mum was sitting at the dining table and Mike was in the kitchen. When he saw me, he came and sat down next to mum as I sat across from them, making it feel more like a job interview or an intervention.

"Yes?" I said, wating for them to speak.

"Babe we just want to talk to you about something that we have been talking about and contemplating for the past few weeks while you have been away." Mum started.

"And before we start, please don't freak out. Just hear your mother and myself out and then you can go as crazy as you want. We just need you to hear us out." Mike said.

"Ohk..." I waited a little nervous.

Mike began.
"So I have just been offered a new job. It has a lot more benefits for not only me but you and your mother and also the pay is a lot better. At first I was so eager to accept it just because it's a better job and who doesn't want that right?"

I kept listening intently, become worried of where this was going.

He continued.
"That was until my boss told me where the job is located." he said, turning his head right, to my mum who continued.

"While you have been away this job is pretty much all we have been talking about. We know moving would be the last thing you want to do but this could be a great thing for us Layla."

"So you have decided to take the job?" I hesitantly asked Mike