The Jukebox

Luke could not get over Julie's dream box. He just wanted to look in it. He could only imagine the amount of amazing lyrics Julie had hidden away in there. I mean Flying Solo was just... 

I mean what other hidden gems did she have hidden in the off limits box, and the fact that is was off limits made him want to look in it even more. She really never should have told him what was in the box, but if she hadn't told him he wouldn't have caved in last time meaning he wouldn't have found Flying Solo meaning she and Flynn never would have made up meaning she never would have joined the band.

Look how much good came from opening the box the first time. Could it really be so bad to open it again?

Luke shook his head, no, Julie declared it off limits. He wouldn't break her trust. Even if he really really really wanted in that box.

Eventually he realized he would never let himself go into the box so he flashed out and began working on some guitar riff with Reggie. Just messing around. While they waited on Julie to get back from school, luckily it was the last day so they were about to have an entire summer filled with music.

Julie walked into the studio and Luke flashed right in-front of her startling her.

"Luke!" She fussed as she started to fall backwards but Luke caught her and stabilized her.

"Julie! I need something out of the box it's killing me." He blurted out.

"What?" She looked at him confused.

"Julie, please just let him see something from your dream box, he has been stress playing guitar riffs and bouncing his leg and speaking a million miles an hour. I can handle a million mile and hour talk but not two million and everything else at once. He is literally going insane and is making me insane. Alex fled to walk around the city because he was starting to practice his runway walk because Luke freaking out was freaking him out." Reggie shook Julie by the shoulders as he begged.

"Guys." Julie whined, "No, you know my dream box is off limits."

"Which is why I've shown this much restraint in opening it."

"How about we just write a song now?" Julie offered.

"Using something from your dream box?" Luke tried.

Julie just gave him a look that said everything. Luke gave in and grabbed his guitar as they made their way over to his couch, which was quickly becoming their couch.

 They began to run through lyrics and chords for hours until they had a song. Not a polished and ready to play song, but one that was most of the way there. They would need to hear the band play it first then they would tweak it.

But as they played and wrote Julie came up with an idea.

She got Alex and Reggie in on the idea, and they were excited about it.

So the next day Alex's job was to distract Luke for a while so she and Reggie could carry out her idea. They went and found a new box, but this one would be a little bit different.

After at least and hour shopping around and had come up empty, nothing just stood out to them, and this box couldn't be just a simple box. 

Considering giving up the search for a bit Julie suddenly remembered something.

"Reggie, can you flash us up to the loft in the studio?"

Reggie nodded and flashed her with him, something they had discovered was possible after they had gained the ability to become corporeal.

After flashing up there Julie went to a corner and pulled out an old wooden box that looked very similar to her own, but it was plain and just wood.