Limbo

After the events of the night of her death, the Order had taken Ellie's body to the Burrow, early in the morning. Remus carried her body in his arms, with the others standing behind him. While he didn't know much about the girl, he felt a deep sense of guilt. Remus knew how much she meant to her friends, especially Harry and Hermione.

Remus took a deep breath, his actions breaking the eerily silent situation. Tonks stepped beside him and opened the door to the Burrow slowly. She entered first and saw Molly and Arthur sitting at the table, speaking in low voices. As she saw Tonks, her lips curled into a smile, reaching in for a hug. From the corner of her eye, she saw Remus, holding the body of the Hufflepuff. Molly dropped her outstretched arms as her expression turned into that of horror. She let out a high-pitched scream, causing Arthur to to immediately stand up from his chair. Fred and George emerged from the stairs, their faces struck with confusion.

Remus walked over to the couch to set down Ellie's body as the Weasley family rushed over.

"What happened? Who did this?!" Molly shrieked, tears streaming down her face.

"Bellatrix," Remus replied gravely.

Anger consumed Molly as she reached for her wand. Arthur took hold of his wife, embracing her.

He whispered, "Move aside, dear. Let the boys see her."

Molly stepped to the side, her anger and sadness clearly evident. Fred and George stepped in front of Ellie's body, looking down with wide eyes. Their confused expression changed into identical looks of shock. Fred and George knelt down to Ellie's body slowly. They didn't talk, as they tried to make sense of the situation. George put his hand on top of Ellie's cold one, hanging his head down. The adults had decided it was best to leave the twins alone with Ellie, and proceeded to excuse themselves outside where Molly's screaming could be heard.

Fred took a shaky breath as he looked at Ellie's unmoving and colorless face. He started to cry silently, trying to stifle back his emotions as tears emerged from his eyes.

George kept his head down, but placed a comforting hand on his brother's shoulder.

"It's okay, Freddy. She's okay, now," George muttered, his voice cracking at each word.

Fred leaned onto his brother, both of their hearts shattering into pieces. Minutes later, the adults had come back inside with their cheeks stained with tears.

--

Ellie awoke in a bright mist, laying on a floor that was neither cold or warm. Her surroundings were consisted of a cloudy vapor. Everything around her was white. Ellie stood up, analyzing the environment around her. She proceeded to walk slowly, not in any specific direction.

A figure emerged from the mist, causing Ellie to squint her eyes in concentration. Her eyes met familiar ones, ones filled with light and happiness. The eyes belonged to a certain boy, one Ellie had never thought she'd see again. Ellie's faced immediately softened, and memories started flooding back to her. The boy walked closer to Ellie, his body full of life and his cheeks filled with his natural blush.

"Cedric!" Ellie yelled, as she ran towards the Hufflepuff, embracing him.

"How are you, Ellie?" Cedric asked calmly, a smile forming on his face as he hugged Ellie.

"W-What- I don't understand," Ellie stuttered, clearly flustered by her situation.

"I've been waiting for you," Cedric replied simply.

"Waiting? Does this mean I'm dead?" Ellie asked, her voice cracking at the thought of Hermione's reaction to her death.

"Not quite. It's called limbo. You're in the position between life and death."