Managing Boys (8)

I was awoken by the sound of my phone ringing loudly. I groaned, rolling over and feeling around for it on my nightstand. I hadn’t even seen the time yet, but I already knew it was way too early to wake up on a Saturday.

“Yo, round up your friends and head to the park,” the familiar voice of Grim ordered the second I picked up the phone, not even giving me a chance to greet him. “We’ll meet at the baseball field in a half an hour.”

He had to be kidding me. Before I could tell him no, he hung up and I got a good look at what time it was. It was eight thirty. Obviously he didn’t understand that Saturdays were for sleeping in.

But instead of flopping back into bed like I wanted to, I pushed myself up and over to my dresser. I’d might as well keep these boys happy. At least Grim had the decency to wake me up two hours after I normally did for school.

I texted both Parker and Zoey to tell them to be ready when I picked them up at nine. I knew that both of them would already be awake, so there was nothing to worry about with them.

Zoey looked just as excited as she always did whenever she was going to see the boys, but Parker looked just as unhappy as he always did, just because Zoey was excited to see boys who weren’t him.

The ride down to the park was silent, the only noise being Zoey’s bouncing knee. Without even thinking, I found myself asking her, “So, who’s your favorite member of Hello Aria?”

I saw Parker glare at me through the rearview window, but I ignored it as I listened to Zoey say, “Sawyer, definitely! He’s just so much more mature compared to the rest of them!”

She was right. Sawyer knew when they went too far and when to apologize for what they were doing. The other three would probably be in jail if it wasn’t for Sawyer. Well, if they didn't get out of it like they always did.

We got to the park shortly after it grew quiet, and Zoey was the first one out of the car and she was practically flying toward the baseball field. Parker and I, however, took our time getting there.

“Since when has Zoey been into mature guys?” Parker asked me unhappily as we slowly made our way toward the main field, where I could see that everyone else already was.

I shrugged, feeling bad for him. He really did like Zoey a lot, and I knew it killed him to know that she liked someone else. I knew it wouldn’t have really bothered him if they were across the country and we hadn’t met them, since a lot of girls felt that way about celebrities. But since he was only a few yards away, and we were about to hang out with him for the rest of the day, I knew he was feeling insecure.

I was surprised when I saw that Gwen, Fiona, and Shane were there as well, especially since none of the boys seemed very fond of them as, except for Grim and Gwen. But even the two of them wouldn’t’ stop fighting whenever they were around each other.

“Aria!” Gwen greeted me happily, wrapping her arms around me the second she could. “I’m glad you came!”

I smiled at her once she pulled away, but then turned toward Grim with a look that asked him why the hell he had dragged me out of bed.

“We’re going to play some baseball,” he informed me, a wicked grin on his face.

All I could do was stare at him for a moment. “Baseball?” I couldn’t help but scowl, knowing that this was just going to end up in embarrassment for me. “You’re kidding me, right? You dragged me out of bed just to play baseball?”

Grim smirked at me, tossing the ball up in the air a few times. “You were still in bed?”

I said nothing to this.