Chapter 35

XAVIER POV

"What the hell did you do to yourself King?"

Lia.

It had to be her, I could recognise that voice anywhere.

And she called me King.

I open my eyes and see her standing there, at the edge of my bed.

Her hair is in a disheveled, tangled bun with strands of hair falling around her face which is holding a worried expression. Her lips are slightly parted from shock at the state she finds me in.

She awkwardly wraps her hand around the Burberry scarf on her neck, just watching me. I didn't expect her to come here and from the looks of it, neither did she.

She breathes out, her breath is raggedly and nervous. Seeing her shy around me made me nervous as well.

"You came, Lia?" My voice, croaky from being asleep for so long, asks her.

"Of course I did."

She's still standing at the foot of my bed, both of us unsure of what to do now - we didn't exactly meet on the best terms last time.

She's looking down at the ground and I took this moment to take in all of her beautiful features.

Her plump rosy lips were now tightly shut, not saying a word. Her nostrils were flaring as she breathed heavily. Her long, curled lashes hid her ocean eyes and her strong eyebrows were furrowed as she didn't know what to think.

It wasn't like her to not know what to say.

Then she looks up and her eyes.

Every emotion is swimming in them, fear, worry, hate and maybe even love.

"Come here.." I say, I want to hold my hand out to her but I can't find the strength to do so.

As soon as I say that she hurries over to me, sitting herself down on next to be, but wary that she doesn't touch any of the machinery around me.

She places her small, soft hand onto my cheek, her fingers caressing my face slowly. My eyes close involuntarily at her touch as I inhale her sweet scent. 

"What did you do to yourself huh?" She smiles, but tears are lining her eyes.

"I was looking for you." I reply sheepishly.

"I'm here." Her hand that wasn't on my face grips my hand, squeezing it tightly "I'll always be here, King."

Even though I was drugged up in a hospital bed, I felt like the strongest man in the world when she said that.

"Mr King I'm here with your medicine." The nurse barges into the room, pushing the door open with her hips as she holds a tray of pills.

I turn back to look at Amelia, only to find her slowly fading away, first her untamed hair, then her glossy eyes and eventually every part of her. The last thing to disappear was her fragile touch on my face.

I could still feel the warmth of her hand across my cheek.

"Where did she go?!" I frantically ask the nurse "where did she go?"

I grit my teeth in agony as I abuse my aching hands to lift the blanket off of me in the insane hope that she's there.

"What are you talking about Mr King?" The nurse almost drops the tray of medicine at my sudden outburst.