Prologue

**This is my first fanfiction, ever. Please ignore all errors, I'm trying (: Criticism welcomed!

     Ariella xx

  I stood in front of my mirror, making sure my hair was perfect. I was going out to eat with all of my family, including long-distance cousins, and I wanted to look my best.

     "Claire, come on! It's time to leave! We're going to be late!" my dad yelled up the stairs. I grabbed my purse, stuffing my phone inside of it, and ran downstairs to the car. I hopped in the back seat and looked out the window.

     My dad started the car and drove off. I looked out the window for while. Then my parents started arguing again, so I put my ear-buds in. I didn't really want to go. My grandma always gave me those really long hugs that are so tight you can't breathe. I wasn't looking forward to it at all.

     "I may have spent that money, Charles, but at least I didn't lose my job because I had an affair with the secretary!" my mom retorted to something my dad said. I closed my eyes, knowing this would be a long ride.

     All of a sudden, I heard both my mom and dad yell in fright. I looked up, yanking my earbuds out, to see that the car was spinning out of control, straight into the lights of an eighteen-wheeler.

     I screamed as loud as I could and closed my eyes. The last thing I remember is the sound of metal crunching, glass shattering, and bright lights. Then, everything went black.

_______________________________________________________

Yes, its short (:

but its just the prologue, chapters will be longer (:

leave a comment!