01: Meriam

"Lady Meriam, the Magic Emperor is requesting your presence immediately." voiced the insignificant magic knight - a faceless one. He was of average height, average ability, average indentity; he was average; a background character. He was insignificant.

Yet at the face of the insignificant magic knight, she smiled. "Thank you, Thomas." she said, using his name. The magic knight flinched; no one had ever used his name before. "I'll be there right away." she said, gently putting down the cup of tea she had previously been holding.

The magic knight bowed slightly in acknowledgement of her superiority, rushing away right after. She turned to the male she had been speaking with. He had mesmerizing amethyst eyes hiding behind that jest-like, tacky mask; a mask her brother had made.

"My greatest apologies, William," she spoke, "I'm afraid we'll have to continue this another time." she finished, standing up as she dusted off her skirt - long locks of wheat-colored curls falling down to her waist.

The man smiled, "It's of no problem, we shall reschedule our little chat another day, yes?" he offered, his eyes meeting her magnificent golden ones; her eyes that seemed to hold the universe within them.

"Of course." she said, smiling at the man who stood up, gentleman-likely holding her soft gloved hand in his and pressing his lips gently in farewell.

"'Till then, Meriam."

The woman said nothing, merely smiling one last time before she exited the tower, nodding politely at the greetings she received from the golden dawn-cloaked magic knights. Insignificant magic knights; background magic knights.

"Good morning, Miss Meriam."

"Miss Novachrono, safe travels."

"Pleasure, Lady Meriam."

Ah yes. Unlike these insignificant faceless magic knights; she was significant. Far too significant. The blonde haired woman who casually walked along the halls of the magic knights' strongest squad's base with warm yet daunting golden eyes - an ever present smile on her face; she was significant.

This conspicuous woman went by many names; the kingdom's advisor, the kingdom's augur, the kingdom's strategist, the kingdom's ambassador - she got around. Whatever her nickname was, she always seemed to belong to the Kingdom. Her grimoire belonged to the kingdom; she belonged to the kingdom.

Her most famous name was by far: the Magic Emperor's sister.

Meriam Celeste Novachrono was her name. The younger sister of Clover Kingdom's 28th Magic Emperor, Julius Novachrono. She was his sister; his successor; his jewel; his sibling; his partner. Meriam was his younger sibling - but she was just as talented; she was just as powerful as he was.

"Leaving already, Lady Meriam?" the prideful voice entered Meriam ears as soon as she stepped out of the Golden Dawn's base. She turned back, her blonde hair moving with her as she met eyes with one of her closest friends despite their age gap.

"Langris." she breathed out, "You're back from your travels?"

"I'm here aren't I?" he arched his eyebrow.

Meriam chuckled, "I suppose so." she pursed her lips in amusement, finding herself in a comfortable silence with her friend as he gently faltered into a smile as well. He was as tall as she remembered; his hair was still the orange-brown color it used to be, and his sapphire eyes were still as piercing with a hint of warmth that only a select few could see.

Meriam Novachrono was one of those select few.

Langris stepped out of the shadows cast by his squad's base, engulfing the female in an embrace. "I've missed you Ria." he mumbled against the fabric of her attire. Meriam returned his embrace, squeezing tightly as she spoke.