Chapter 1

Just outside the forest of Dean surrounded by bushes and shrubs there was a small house, a shack with a large chimney in the middle which puffed up great white smoke every few seconds.Inside the house was a man stood over a hot stove frying what looked like several packets of bacon all at once, the man lifted the frying pan off the stove and scooped the many pieces of bacon onto a peice of bread, squirted almost half a bottle of ketchup onto the bacon and laid carefully another piece of bread on top.The man then lifted the ready made bacon sandwhich onto a plate piled high already with other bacon sandwhiches then carefully carried the enormous pile upstairs.The man was a small, skinny man, with masses and masses of hair all over his head and face he wore old, farmer type clothes and huge clunking boots which stomped with every step he took up the rickety stairs.He reached the landing and headed towards the first door which had a poster upon the door reading:

Rubeus’ Room

Do Not Enter

Beware Of Angry Dragons

He pushed open the door with his foot; his hands preoccupied trying to balance the huge plate of bacon sandwiches.The man stepped into Rubeus’ room, his room was a large room, possibly the largest in the house.The stained wall paper was peeling off the wall but was just held on by several posters of mysterious creatures, some obviously dragons but there was one that was a strange creature, half lion and half eagle, the creature seemed to be bowing as the man entered into the room, no, it was in fact bowing.The creature in the poster straightened his front legs and then cantered around in a circle.All the posters were alive, roaring dragons and squirming (what was labelled) flobberworms.

The man approached the huge double bed in which slept a young boy of about eleven, you would only know that he was so young because of his face, he had a young innocent face which belonged to a very tall and quite large body, easily the size of a fully grown man if not taller, his feet just hanging of the edge of the bed.Loud snores came from the boy, Rubeus.With no desire to wait for the boy to awake the man patted Rubeus hard on the back, only just causing him to stir.

“eh, what you want?”he grumbled.

"time to ge’ up”the man replied placing the mound of sandwhiches on the bedside table.Rubeus then suddenly sat bolt up as if he'd just remembered something.A broad smile spread across his face.His father laughed.

“ 'ogwarts!”rubeus exclaimed triumphantly.

“no,no , tomorrow, today we get your supplies” he answered pointing up at the calendar which had the 1st of September circled.The calendar was also alive the picture above the month was like a television it showed lots of people in long flowing cloaks on broomsticks flying around chasing and throwing balls through 3 large hoops.The caption in gold at the bottom read:

August 1939 Quidditch World Cup Final.

His father then laughed at the moving image of the game and said “awful that game was, but we 'ad fun, anyway eat your sandwhiches, I want you ready to go to Diagon Alley in 'alf an hour, were goin' to 'ave to catch  train into London then go through the pub as i'm out of flu powder so hurry up”

Rubeus rubbed his eyes and grabbed his breakfast which he ate chewing only three times as he wolfed the many sandwiches down. He climbed out of bed and crossed over to his wardrobe, he prodded it cautiously, too many a time had he caught a boggart hiding in there. But alas, his wardrobe stood silent so he proceeded to open it.

Rubeus had no need for a wardrobe as every clothing item he owned was in a heap on the floor of the wardrobe.He tugged at a horrible dirty green item to reveal a very large almost table cloth size jumper.He pulled the Jumper over his head and stuck his arms through, the jumper only just fitted him.He grabbed some scrubby trousers off the floor and shoved them on before running downstairs.