Chapter 74: Perfect.

[And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do
Then baby, I'm perfect]

      "What are you doing, Niall?" I asked with a laugh escaping. 

      He smiles, "Had to take you out as a celebration." He replies. He was the first I called when I told him the news that I had finally gotten a raise and upgrade after almost two years of working at the photography agency. As a treat for myself and because Niall asked me to, I took the next few days off. "Did you get your stuff packed, like I asked you to?" He questions pointing to the full duffle bag sitting next to the door. I nod, picking up the bag and swinging it on my shoulder. 

      "Yes, I did." 

      "Alright, let's go!" He begins to pull my arm, but I resist and pull back. 

      "Wait, wait, wait." He stops and turns around. "What about paparazzi?" 

      "No need to worry about them." 

      "Niall-" 

      "Let's go!"

      "Where are we even going?" 

      "Out through the back." He responds simply. He pulls my arm through unfamiliar halls and out the back door of the building. 

      "I didn't even know that existed." I state out of breath from Niall running. 

      "I didn't either." He gets into the driver's side of the car while I get into the passenger. "Here, put this on." He hands me a beanie and a pair of sunglasses while he puts on a beanie of his own and a scarf around his neck. 

      "You... Niall, you're insane." I laughed putting the beanie on and bringing the loose braid I had to the side. 

      "But you love me." I did.

      I slip on the sunglasses, which was a little stupid because it was nighttime. "Alright, let's go. It'll be a long drive, so I give you permission to choose the music." 

      I rolled my eyes, "Niall, where are you taking me?" I giggled. 

      "I'm kidnapping you." He said completely serious, but knowing him, he was joking. "This isn't because of your promotion, I've been planning this forever, but I thought now would be the perfect time. You took the days off, right?" He asked, finally removing his disguise. 

      I nodded my head, copying his actions, "Yes..." 

      "Until Wednesday?" I nodded my head again as he smiled, handing me his phone. "I might as well put 'Perfect'." I say scrolling through his playlist. 

      "Why's that?" He asks glancing over at me before looking back at the highway.

      "Well, it's almost midnight... We're going on a secret rendezvous..." 

      He nods, "Then put it. My voice was pretty bomb back in 2015." He says. 

      I smirk, "Mm.. I find that... Maybe not true?" By now, I didn't even know what I was saying. I was getting a bit nervous by being with Niall in general and I'm kinda freaking out on the inside. 

      "Are you implying that my voice is better now?" He asks. 

      "No... I'm implying that your voice was better in the Midnight Memories era." I state. 

      "Ah... Have you been doing your One Direction research?" I smiled, recalling the memory of the day that tour was starting. 

      I shrug, "Maybe."