Chill in the Night

There is a chill in the night tonight... It is a cold that permeates the bones, the very flesh that sustains life is temperature of death.

    She pulls the blankets tighter and curls into the position of life's beginning. Every night is a cold reminder of the one she once loved.  She sleeps alone as she does every night now, in the chilled embrace of loneliness. She has a hunger for the body of warmth that once sated her palate.

    There is a hunger in the night tonight... It is an undeniable hunger that must be sated. The hunger for the warmth of life is all consuming. 

    She pulls the vacant pillow into the curves of her body, lays her head softly into the cloudy dreams of remembered relationship. Her arms that once wrap a gift of promised happiness. The embrace of love that once was. 

    The is a embrace in the night tonight... An embrace to force out the chill of the darkness, to bridge with the river of flowing darkness.

    She once had desire for each day to last for eternity, perpetuated by the sunshine of love. To soak in the rays of warm tenderness. That has been replaced by years of cold desire.

    There is desire in the night tonight... Desire to curb the hunger and stave off the bone chilling cold.

    Her dreams were no reconciliation of her void, they could only bring false moments of consolation. False dreams of the forgotten summer days of fulfillment.

    There is fulfillment in the night tonight... Fulfillment now only comes in sips from the cup of life. Momentary relief of the flowing darkness that chills the heart.

    Her face revealed the resolution of loneliness. The single set of footprints in the perpetual cold. A void that will remain. No dreams remain of bodies sharing life, 'until death do us part'.

    There is death in the night tonight... A death that walks amongst the sleeping and the lonely. It's heartless steps in the eternal nights.

    She rolls restlessly, the ebb of the covers expose her forfeited beauty to just below the neck. The love of life has not visited here in some time.

    There is a love for life in the night tonight... Through his fangs, the darkness drains from them both as he drinks from the cup of life. For one the chill of death drains forever. For the other it is but only subsided for too short a period of eternity.