25

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚25.the people who make us happy

❝the people who make us happy are never the people we expect❞

the people who make us happy are never the people we expect

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"where's that sugawara boy these days?" [name]'s mother randomly started conversation once the ads began on the tv. [name] turned to face her mother beside her on the shitty couch.

"hm?" [name] hummed, acting like she didn't know what her mother was talking about.

"do you i think i'm clueless that i haven't noticed that he's beginning to come over every week?" emiko chuckled. her daughter puffed her cheeks and sighed. "i know i'm not here all that often but i do know these things, i'm your mother after all," she nudged [name]'s shoulder with her own. "so what's up?"

"he said—" she stopped herself and swallowed. was she really about to talk about her love life with her mother? wow. that's kinda embarrassing...

"he said...?" emiko repeated, waiting for her daughter to continue.

"he said he loved me," [name] blurted out and covered her mouth straight after with a squeak. emiko held in a laugh but then let her features soften when she saw the worried expression on her daughter's face.

"well, do you love him?" she asked, shifting in her seat to face [name]. the cheer captain shrugged and sunk into the couch. "you don't know? or are you just saying that because you're scared?" she asked, [name] looked up at her mother in shock, her [b/c] eyes meeting her mother's which were a similar shade.

"what do i have to be scared of?" [name] asked a question in return. emiko smiled softly and sighed.

"being in love with somebody," she replied, "it can be a really terrifying thing and you haven't got the best role models when it comes to happy relationships." [name] looked away once more and clenched her fists, letting her nails dig into the palms of her hands which began to create small crescent shapes into her skin.

"[name], just because i had a hard time with the boy i thought loved when i was your age doesn't mean you will," emiko told her, taking her hands away from her lap and held them tight. "sugawara isn't your father, i barely know him and even i can tell he's nothing like that man," [name]'s mother chuckled. she squeezed her daughters hands tight when she didn't laugh along and took a deep breath.

"the people who make us happy are never the people we expect, so if you're lucky enough to find someone, you have to cherish them and if sugawara is that person — and i think he is, — don't let your old, stupid mother and shit father hold you back from being happy."

[name] smiled and held her mother's hands tight. "thanks mum," she said softly. emiko smiled and pulled her into a hug. "and i don't think your stupid," [name] murmured into her shoulder.

"you better not, i'm your mum after all, i want you to see me as a genius." [name] chuckled at that.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

can you guess what show quote inspired emiko's little speech??
hmmm i wonder...