15

I reached up and touched his shoulder lightly and was shocked to see the tears in his eyes. There were so many emotions; anger, sadness, sorrow, and guilt.

"How could he do that to you. You're the kindest soul I have ever met. Has anyone ever ra- raped you."

"Hate can blind someone, but I know he will get what he deserves. After that one incident, I never experienced something like that. There were some verbal ones, but luckily nothing physical. My stepfather was well aware of my looks and he wanted me to keep my virtue for any king that may lay a marriage proposal."

"And that was me. He would never dare let his precious daughters marry a King with such malicious rumours, so he married you off to me instead."

"Little did he know that marrying me off to such a monstrous king would be the kindest thing he has ever done for me."

I said with a little sarcasm and joyful edge. I truly meant those words, meeting and marrying Nathaniel is truly the best thing that has ever happened in my life. He is nothing like those rumours about him, at least not to me.

"You should watch out for your monstrous husband then. I heard he will give these unforgettable bites and will bring you to heaven and back."

I felt heat invade my face and body as he talked so sensually. His pupils were visibly dilated and I'm sure mine was the same. He came closer and cupped my face as he kneeled on the floor.

"I'm honoured to have such a brave and beautiful wife. I will avenge those monsters for the harm they have done, but I'm also thankful that I got you through them."

I felt my eyes tear up again as I hugged him with all my strength. His scent calmed me down and his body engulfed my own.

"You should get some rest now, Avani. It will be dawn soon."

"Please sleep with me."

After reviving those horrid memories, I doubt that I will be able to sleep alone. Whether he knew it or not, his presence always helped me feel secured.

Nathaniel nodded his head before climbing into the mattress and laying beside me.We were both facing the ceiling neither one of us moving a muscle.

This is the first time we shared a bed as husband and wife, although we both knew today would not be the day to consummate our marriage. So much has happened already and I don't think neither of us are mentally prepared for that yet.

I stretch my neck a look at him to see that half his body is off the bed. For his large frame, he needed more than half the space of this guest bedroom. His eyes were closed so I assumed he was sleeping.

"You know, I am still awake. Although my eyes are closed I can still sense you Avani."

I shrieked and my shoulder gave out as I fell onto his chest. I smacked it with my hand as he laughed. I wanted to be angry, but was quickly distracted by his whole hearted, earthly laugh.

"Is my wife admiring me?"

"You should laugh and smile more."

At that he stopped laughing and kept a glum face. I sighed annoyingly before using my fingers to stretch them in the coroner of his lips. I tried to form a smile, but it looked like a grimace. I opted for another try, as I used my fingers to tickle his abdomen. His face held the same stoic expression as I looked at him in shock.

"How are you not laughing? Are you not ticklish?"

"I'm afraid not. I do believe you may be ticklish."

In an instant his fingers find my abdomen as he tickles it softly, but still causes me to hurt out laughing. He rolled on top of me and as tears made it down my face I begged him to stop.

His fingers finally stopped moving, as I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I opened them to come in contact with his dark blue ones. The playful mood in the room changed to a familiar, yet unexplored one.

His eyes left my own as they looked at my lips. I unintentionally, licked them with my tongue as the bump on his throat bobbled.

"Avani, may I please kiss you?"

I felt my heart stop at his request. After telling him everything today, our relationship seemed to progress more in these few hours than it has in weeks. I wanted to feel his lips, those sparks, as much as him. I nodded my head slowly and he leaned down to capture my lips.

His own experienced ones moved slowly against my own. It wasn't quick or urgent, rather slow and sensual. There was meaning behind that kiss, him saying that he will always support me and be with me, as I will be with him. It was a kiss of reassurance and a new beginning.

I tugged his shoulder length hair, as that earned a groan from his. His hands held my waist as his fingers flicked across my abdomen.

Our tongues intertwined as our breaths became one. Those sparks that I've missed came back. This was nothing like our short forced wedding kiss, this was a choice that we made.

After a few moments we finally parted and he flopped down beside me. He was still leaning on his elbow and pushed a strand of hair behind my ears.

"That was amazing. I'm proud to call you my wife and I'm sure your parents are proud of you for going through everything and coming out stronger."

"That means a lot to me. Thank you."

I rub my hand against his scruff. He lied down and using one arm pulled my body partially on top of his. I settled my head on top of his shoulder, which was much more comfortable then the pillow.

Hearing his even breaths and light snores, I found myself slowly falling asleep. My last thought was hoping that our relationship will always be like this and never end.