Shadowfax

A/N:

Hey everyone! This is just a little Aiden centric one-shot with a side of Aruden. I hope you like it!

All rights belong to Roshani Chokshi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden was organized. All aspects of his life had a place and time, everyone knew that. If there was another responsibility, he would easily incorporate it into his lifestyle, while still saving time for his friends and family. And in the middle of his management system, was Shadowfax.

Aiden could trust his camera. It didn't get up and leave in the middle of his life, like his dad. He didn't have to worry about disappointing it, like his mom. In turn, the device held his memories for him. His memories, neat and organized, stored into specific albums for viewing.

Shadowfax was like a child's teddy bear to him. Something that offered reassurance and protection, even when he was in the Otherworld or on a quest. The gadget hosted everything important to him, from his albums, to photography projects for school.

His first album was simply titled; "Family". Photos of the three Acharyas before the divorce were ordered according to the date taken. 

The last one was 2 years ago, with the father, mother, and son all smiling in New York. Even so, the "Family" folder was heart-wrenchingly small.

The next one was titled "Mom", hosting photos of a lively and smiling Malini. Every day, Aiden wished he could add more shots to it. The trickle of photos had increased considerably after Aru gave him eye-opening advice and he had struck his mother with Kamadeva's arrow.

But even then, he wanted the album to expand in size. He used to have a folder named "Dad", but that was deleted a while ago. It was better to forget that the person ever had a place in Shadowfax.

"Brynne" was the first folder holding pictures of a friend. It was around the time his dad gave him the camera, so the photo album was one of the oldest. The album varied in pictures and shots, some with just Brynne and others with Aiden or different Potatoes.

There were scenes of fights, eating, hanging out with friends, eating, going to school, eating, and partying in the Night Bazaar. Oh, and also eating! The point is, this folder stored some of his fondest memories. Brynne might be hot-blooded, impatient, and untrusting, but without those traits, she wasn't the person he made friends with.

During the quest to stop Meenakshi, Aiden created a collection called "Mini". The boy thought she spoke wisely and from the heart, just as Yudhistira. When she had something to say (minus the diseases) you know it will be important. He found her deep knowledge of medical studies fascinating, and was impressed by her ability to memorize all of it.

Of course, being constantly reminded of the many ways he could die was very annoying sometimes, but he knew Mini was only panicking on their behalf. She truly made an awesome  daughter of death.

After returning Kamadeva's arrow (and finding out that he was Queen Darupadi  in another lifetime), Aiden returned home and made another album titled "Enemies/Villains". This was just a miscellaneous group of shots of the people they had faced before. If he had the time to snap a picture without losing his life, it would go here.

Among the scarce pile was Takshaka, Meenakshi, The Sleeper, random rakshasas, Chandra, and Opal. Aiden knew that the last two were technically on his side, but he loathed them enough that they might as well be.

Then he was forced to create - did he say forced? Aiden meant generously produced of course! Anyway, Rudy persuaded him to make an album about him. That file was pretty large, due to Rudy begging him to take more whenever her wanted to model a new hideous outfit.

Yet, aside of his egotistical attitude, Aiden truly loved his cousin. "Think of him as comedic relief!", he once said to a frustrated Brynne. She was sucking sharp breaths through her clenched teeth, as Rudy had just left her fuming over a stupid comment.

The daughter of Vayu had finally relented after a good 5 minutes of being calmed down by Aiden. She had been evidently kinder to the Naga prince after learning about his colorblindness. Rudy might have been naive, but he had good intentions at heart.

Then, while camping in "The Great Smoky Mountains National Park", he made a new folder labeled "Nikita/Sheela". The collage of photos featured the few shots he had taken of the twins before departing. Over the next few months, the small amount grew into an abundance of memories in Shadowfax.

Aiden had made a single album since the twins were rarely seen apart. He loved both of them like little sisters, and found them endearingly annoying. Guess that's just what little sisters are . . .

And last but certainly not least was "Aru". The reincarnation of Darupadi had formed this collection around the same time as "Mini", but added to it a lot more. Needless to say, the folder was overflowing. He barely took notice when the number of pictures gradually increased over time. By now, the album easily surpassed all the others in quantity.

Adien took all sorts of shots when she wasn't looking. Sometimes when she was training, sassing Boo, or joking with Mini. And he kinda sorta maybe snapped a quick pic of Aru in her brand new Iron Man PJs (though he wished he had the opportunity to capture a photo of her in her famous Spider Man ones). His worst nightmare was the possibility of Aru discovering his secret stash. 

Thankfully, no one but Shadowfax knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXTRA:

Aru strolled through the hotel lobby humming the spider man  theme song, though she suddenly came to an abrupt halt. Shadowfax has sitting on the coffee table unattended. Aiden had come over and she vaguely remembered him mentioning that he was going to use the restroom.

As Aru inched closer, she saw that the miniscule screen was displaying a picture of her! Finally, the daughter of Indra couldn't handle it anymore, and plopped down on the couch while grabbing Shadowfax.

Upon closer inspection, it was indeed, a picture of her. She was riding on Vajra as a hoverboard, the wind making her long braid of hair fly out behind her. Aru was wearing a confident smirk and was probably about to do something she would regret later.

"Oh, here's a photo of me!" she murmured. The demigod hit the scroll button, expecting it to be a shot of Malini Auntie or Brynne. Instead, she was faced with a laughing Aru, oatmeal stuck in her hair (don't ask, it's a long story). "And another . . ."

 "And another."

"And another."

"And another."

"And another."

"And another."

"And another."

This continued for far too long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I know this is kinda late, sorry about that! Once again, thanks for all the views and votes!

Stand by for the next chapter; "Adventures In Babysitting"

~Kitkat