Volume 7 - Shadow Self (Part 1)

Warning: I do not own the rights to the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, its spin-off series Angel, its dark horse comics continuation series, or any of the characters created by Joss Whedon and others in the Buffyverse.
15 years +, Mild to Strong Violence, Sexual References, Suicidal Thoughts which may be potentially triggering.
F/F, F/M, M/M, Other +

"Mandi," A traumatized Tristan spoke as the body of his childhood friend Mandi lay on a rustic prison like bed within the abandoned hospital that he, Faith and Angel had just sneaked into hoping to save the witch whose corpse was now laying there ...

"Mandi," A traumatized Tristan spoke as the body of his childhood friend Mandi lay on a rustic prison like bed within the abandoned hospital that he, Faith and Angel had just sneaked into hoping to save the witch whose corpse was now laying there on the bed with the clear signs of a broken neck. "Mandi..."
Still clearly in shock Tristan rushed over to Mandi's body quickly holding her in his arms before shaking her as he repeatedly shouted her name, growing more and more frantic before he let out a heartbroken scream as he hugged the witch's lifeless body and sobbed for the loss of his former best friend.
He continued to hug her tighter and tighter sobbing more and more before gently placing her body back down on the bed and gently closing her eyes with the softest touch of his hands as he just stood looking at her body, knowing she was gone and had be for some time now.
"She didn't make a sound except for the sound of her neck breaking...and then she was gone just like that." Drusilla cruelly taunted him as she opened the door and walked into the room, thrilled to see Tristan devastated by a death she had caused. "This reminds me of the day we first met...only you were innocent back then, not so much now! In fact, her blood is as much on your hands as it was on mine."
"You ruthless bitch!" Tristan screamed at his sire before launching himself at her, throwing punch after punch across Drusilla's face before his eyes suddenly went jet black and a shadow like smoke launched itself out from both his hands attacking Drusilla instantly and throwing her through a wall only for the smoke to disappear straight afterwards, along with Tristan's eyes returning to normal.
Tristan had no idea what had just happened or how it happened and he did not care because now he had the upper hand and he was ready to take out the evil vampire once and for all as he climbed through the decaying wall in which Drusilla was thrown through and into another room filled with empty and rotting hospital beds as Drusilla began to slowly stand back up, clearly wounded from the shock attack.
"I was ready to punish you like I did the witch but there's still hope for a mother son reunion after all." Drusilla said gleefully, seemingly knowing more about what had just happened than what Tristan did.
"I am going to kill you!" Tristan said emotionless as his eyes returned to their jet-black color before he began walking towards Drusilla.
"The shadow demon is a little stronger in you now," Drusilla cackled with excitement. "You may have kept your soul, but you awakened something far more powerful something deep within the creation of the first slayer."
"What the hell are you talking about?" Tristan asked as he stopped walking towards Drusilla, his eyes once again returning to their normal color.
"That darkness inside you feel now more than ever is that of the shadow demon's heart soul and spirit." Drusilla informed him, continuing to laugh manically. delighted with what she had found out. "The reason you have a soul is because it's the demon's soul."
"No that's not true!" Tristan shouted as he launched another punch across Drusilla's face furiously. "I've faced my darkness; I've defeated it and now I am going to defeat you."
"Oh, my darling boy you are more lost now than you ever were but soon you will be found." Drusilla stated, "But until then I am going to have to say goodbye."
Before Tristan could ask anymore questions Drusilla ran towards the nearby window and threw herself through the already have broken glass, breaking off what remained as she jumped downwards to her escape and instead of following her, instead of seeking the revenge he now craved more than ever he just stood there frozen in the revelation.
Tristan had believed his soul remained because there was good in him because he was good underneath all his monstrous acts but now Drusilla's theory suggested something else, if anything that she was saying was true.