[29:] Planning

Guys. The wedding is on the 30th, NOT the 13th. I noticed some of you saying “bad things will happen.”

Enjoy!

Maddie's P.O.V.

“Five. . .four. . .three. . .two. . .one. . .Happy New Year!” we all shouted at the same time.

The year is now 2015, and last year was a great year and hopefully this one will be better!

I already know the highlight of this month will be the wedding. . .which is twenty-nine days from now. Yeah, just like at New Years, I'm counting down the days.

Like most coupless usually do on this day, Jen's parents and my future parents kissed. I pretended to gag.

Ben and Blaine live their own lives since they're adults, but wished us each a Happy New Year through text messages.

While they did that, me and Jason watched the ball drop in New York on TV. One day, I hope to actually go there to witness the event. Except, I'd want someone to go with. Like a boyfriend or something.

Never mind that, I'm just happy we got to spend New Year's together.

●════════●♥●════════● 

By morning, Jen was up and on the phone.

“Who are you talking to?” I ask her.

She holds up her index finger, as if indicating me to shush. Then she tells the mysterious person on the phone, “Yes. . .and how much will that be? What? Okay. . .it's settled, then. Thank you. . .all right, bye.”

She puts the phone down. “What were you saying?”

“I was just wondering who you were talking to, that's all.”

“Oh, that? I was just renting a hall. You know, for the wedding. I have a lot of planning to do.”

I smiled. “Really? Can I help?”

“If you want. But I'm warning you now, planning a wedding is a lot of work.”

“That's okay, I'm willing to help.”

“All right, then. Let's do this.”

●════════●♥●════════● 

I had gotten dressed more appropriately so me and Jen could go out.

Time to buy the bridesmaids dresses and order the tuxedos for the men. It was said that Jason and Josh's brother, Connor, were to be the groomsmen. As Jen said before, this was going to be a small wedding.

The bridal store was full of wedding and bridesmaids dresses. Luckily, we could shop for both at the same time.

It was probably one of the hardest things to do when planning for a wedding.

Jen already rented the hall, and she told me that the wedding will be at a church, with a priest and everything.

A woman greeted us and explained where the dresses were located. I guess she was so nice because a celebrity decided to show up at this store.

“Have you decided what colors will be used? You know each wedding has its own theme.” I said.

“White, obviously. And I was thinking about purple as another color,” she grinned. “I never knew how stressful this would be.”

“I think it's crazy, that people plan so much, all for one day.”

“It'll be worth it, though. . .” she paused to take a look at bridesmaids dresses. “Do you like this one?”

She held out a short, strapless purple dress. It was deep in color and downright beautiful.

“It's your wedding. I'll wear whatever you want me to wear. Even if I hate it.”

She smiled. “Okay. . .Oh! I talked to Laura and she agreed to be one of the bridesmaids. She even gave me her dress size.”

“See? I told you she would say yes. I think we should get that dress, it's lovely.”

She gave it for me to hold, and went to the wedding dress section. Of course, the color was the classic white.

There was a place for me to sit as she tried the various dresses along with a huge mirror. Jen held a handful of dresses to try on and I'm the judge of them.

Karen would've came, but she had to work. . .unfortunately. She made me promise to send pictures.

Speaking for pictures, Jen also hired a professional photographer.

Jen came out wearing an elegant gown with long sleeves.

She twirled in front of the mirror and I gave her my honest opinion.

“I mean, it's nice and all, but I think you should get a strapless dress. You always look so pretty when you wear strapless dresses.”

She was a good sport about my criticism, and changed dresses.

●════════●♥●════════●

She went through at least ten dresses, all beautiful but not quite the one.

It was the last option and it looked absolutely gorgeous on her.

That's it. That's the one,” I cheered. The dress was long, white and strapless, just how she likes it.

“You think so?” She twirled yet again and I nodded.

Once she took it off, she paid for it along with two matching bridesmaid dresses.

Then the tuxedos were rented and Jen thought it'd be cute to give them purple ties, to match the bridesmaid dresses.

When we arrived back at home, I smiled and said, “I can't wait for your wedding day! I hope everything turns out perfect.”