Chapter 4

Tomorrow is the day that will finally come, October 29th. My life has gone downhill since the last time you heard from me. I proceeded to write a suicide letter today...

Dear family,

I'm sorry you never noticed my pain, even as much as I tried to show my scars, you never noticed. That hurts a lot. You pay attention to the rest of my siblings except for me. I'm leaving the world for everyone's good. Please, I'm begging you, don't stand there and weep at my grave or even at my funeral. Don't make my death a big to do. I'm not loved by any of you, we all know that. You never cared to ask "how are you", like you've done with my siblings. And DANG does that hurt. But I'm sure you didn't care to even know how I feel. I cover up my pain daily, and push on through life, but I just can't keep doing that anymore. I just can't. I'm sorry. I don't even know why I just apologized. It's not like you still care. I love you all, even if you don't love me. I'm sorry for not being the daughter that you wished you had. I'm sorry for not meeting your standards, I'm sorry for not being your favorite. I cut myself daily because I can't deal with the pain. Every night, I lie awake in bed, pull out the knife, and cut open my wrists. The blood is a deep dark red, almost like my soul. The blood drips from my wrists and onto the floor. I'm going to take a knife and snip open an artery. This is my final good-bye, and the final "I love you".

-Love, Jade