Chapter Four: The Phantom

Chapter Four:

The Phantom

It was evening in Sydney, Australia. Amanda was on her way to the Sydney Opera house to watch the Phantom Of the Opera. School had gotten out two days ago. It was June 17.

"I've waiting forever to go see this. I can't believe I found someone who likes opera!" Amanda's friend, Sara, said.

"Me too." Amanda tried to sound excited, but she wasn't looking forward to three hours of her butt going numb. When she said she liked Phantom of the Opera, she was talking about the movie.

"Oh my goodness. I can't believe school is finally over!" Sara sighed. "I was counting the seconds in the last weeks."

"Yeah. Me, too." Amanda laughed.

When they got to the Sydney Opera House, Amanda saw William. Amanda had the biggest crush on William. Hopefully he wouldn't see her. Her blonde hair was pulled back, she hated it. She had a black knee-length dress with purple tights. She pulled her cardigan over herself when her and William's eyes met.

The girls sat up in the balcony to the left of the stage. Great. That's just great. William will never miss us up here. Amanda pouted.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you!" Sara scared Amanda. "My dad plays Raoul!"

"Cool." Amanda was trying to sink into her chair and become invisible. It wasn't working.

"Shhhhhhh! It's starting." Sara was starting to get annoying.

As the opening music was playing, Amanda heard someone whistle along beside her. I thought nobody else was sitting up here. I'm positive Sara said that. Whatever. Amanda was yawning.Eventually, she fell asleep and woke in the middle somewhere.

During the number Think of Me, Amanda saw William glance at her, their eyes locked for a moment.

Shortly after, the intermission snuck up on the opera goers.

"Wasn't that awesome?!?!" Sara was very irritating.

"Yeah... It was cool."

"We have to go though. My mom said to be home by 9:30. It's already 8:45."

"Oh, ok." Amanda didn't realize it was that late.

On the way out, Sara spotted William.

"William!! Hey William!!" She waved.

"Please don't." Amanda whined.

"I am."

"Hey. Umm Sara right?" William walked over.

"Yup."

"Hi Amanda!" William remembered her name.

"Hi." She blushed.

All of a sudden, the whistling from before found its way to Amanda's ear. She whipped around to see what it was. There was a tall, blonde guy behind her. She gave him a face that said knock it off.

He ignored her.

"Hmph." Amanda turned back around.

"Umm, ok." William sighed. "I didn't know you liked opera."

"I don't really. But, this ones a classic." Amanda faked a yawn. "We better get going. I have to work tomorrow." She grabbed Sara.

"Bye William!!" Sara shouted as the got into the car.

"Really?!" Amanda was furious. "You know how much i like him!!"

"I'm sorry! I'm trying to set you guys up!"

"What!?!"

"He told me he really likes you." Sara and William were pretty good friends. "He asked me not to tell you."

The rest of the drive was driven in silence. Amanda couldn't work up the courage to apologize for yelling. Sara felt bad for not telling Amanda about William.

"Bye..." Amanda hopped out of the car.

She headed up to her room and put her pajamas on. She turned to radio on and sat on the bed for a while.

The whistling returned.

"No way." She scowled. She ran into the hall to see the same guy from earlier.

She screamed. "What are you d-doing h-here?" She was terrified.

He laughed.

"G-go away. I'm g-going to c-call the police!" She picked up her phone and started dialing.

He walked over and snatched the phone out of her hand. "I wouldn't do that." He whispered in her ear. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He could hear her heavy breathing. "I'm warning you about that William. He's not the kind of guy you should be getting involved with. You friend Sara was lying. He likes you, but he doesn't feel like you do for him. He just wants a girlfriend to make another girl jealous."

"Who are you?!?!" Amanda spat out.

"I am your protector, Luke Brendon Henry. Now, tell me you full name." He commanded with a beautiful English accent.

"Amanda Rose Armstrong." She was tired. "Ummmmmm, I don't want to trust you. But i feel like I can."

"You should trust me." With the glow of the sunset. Amanda saw his face was scared and worried. But he was so calm and collected. "It's very late. You should go to bed."

"But-"

"Shhhhhhh." He leaned in close. "I will answer all questions tomorrow."

"Ok."

In the morning, Amanda woke up to her cat meowing for food. What happened? Was all that a dream? No, it couldn't have been. I felt his breathe on my neck. I heard my heartbeat. It's not possible. What the Hell is going on?

There was no sigh of Luke. He had asked for Amanda's full name. It was her turn to find out his, if he was real.

"Good morning."

Amanda jumped.

"Sorry." Luke was playing with Amanda's rabbit, Bootz. "I love your bunny."

"Thanks." Amanda fed the cat, Cleo. "You said you would answer questions. What's your full name?"

"Luke, your protector. Anymore brain busters?" He smiled.

"Tell me everything about yourself."

"Alright, I'll start at the beginning." He cleared his throat. "My people live to protect yours. I come from a race called the aizsargāt eņģelis, or protecting angels. Unfortunately, our clan is run by corrupt council members. We need to rebel and fight back. But their too strong. They could kill all of us. If my people die, yours will, too."

"W-what? Why?" Amanda was terrified.

"We save humans from danger, pain, and death. Sometimes we fail. If the person we are sworn to protect, our mortal, we are killed with the same feeling, and pain they have." Luke's head fell into his hands. "I was in love with a girl, her mortal died right after she found her! I loved Emilie."

"I'm so sorry." Amanda tried to comfort him.

"It's fine." He collected himself. "A wise man many years ago said that five saviors would be born to save the race from an evil power. I believe I am one. I also believe that you are to help us."

"Really?"

~Author's Note~

I was inspired while watching *drum roll*Phantom of the Opera!

Nobody has inboxed me :,((

-Kassy :)