Chapter 7 - Let Her Go

Dean Alessandro

Out of Phoenix, Adrian, Angelo and Chance, I can say that Chance has the most solid foundation. That's why I never really worried about him being whipped when he's screwing Aria. He and Aria went on for four years without getting attach to each other which was a really long time.

Chance has been struggling with separation since he was a kid. His family got killed when he was 5 years old. He saw it with his own eyes and imagine the trauma of that. Then he got adopted but the family was not taking care of him that well. He grew up not knowing what's love because he will always end up separating with everyone in his life.

Phoenix, Adrian and Angelo left seemed not to affect him but it changed him. He was more quite and cold to them. He let them go completely instead of watching over them from time to time. He was disappointed even though he told them that he's happy if they're happy.

The reason that he can stand tall after the three of them leave was Aria.

I believe that Chance will never leave ILLICIT and I bet that he doesn't hesitate to let Aria go if she wants more. Then comes the incident of his panic attacks coming back after years not having it.

It was a sign for me.

After losing 3 members, I really don't see Chance staying either. I really don't know what to do anymore, I've been losing hope since Angelo decided to leave.

I always have someone to follow Chance around now because you just never know. This afternoon, I got an alert from my team that Chance might having another panic attack again. He pulled over his car and stayed in it for a solid 20 minutes.

"Mr. Alessandro, I got the information that you need." I turned to my PI and I gestured him to sit down.

"Tell me what you know."

"She's engaged to Prince Heinrich Alexios about two days ago and planning to hold the wedding in a month. Apparently Prince Heinrich proposed to her about three months ago." He said and I nodded.

"Anything else?"

"No, we're still trying to find more, Mr. Alessandro." He said and I thanked him. I sighed and I really want to know Chance's next step for this.

He really needs to get his sense back.

Aria Nielsen

After trying 3 dresses, I didn't seem to find the perfect one. I asked them to bring me more set of dresses in 2 days. I want this wedding to be perfect since I'm going to have it once in a lifetime. I'm not wasting it.

I walked out and got into my car. I asked my chauffer to drive me home because I was having a bad headache. Pregnancy hormones started to kick in and I don't feel so good. I need a lot of rest.

I laid on my bed after 3-4 hours trying and looking for wedding dresses. I looked at my left hand and remembered when Chance held it. I guess he doesn't have any heart at all, he really acted like everything is normal.

Then it reminded me about Adrian's statement about him being hospitalized the morning that I told him that I'm going to get engaged. I really should stop thinking about Chance, I really need to learn how to move on with my life.

I'm starting a family soon and I should focus on my baby too.

I opened my phone and started to browse on baby's clothes. I went online shopping and didn't hesitate on buying baby stuffs. I'm excited for this baby and I really can't wait to see he/she.

Chance Kyson

After working out in the headquarter, I went straight to the bar late at night. I drank alcohol like water because I really don't know what's wrong with me. I need Dean to help me get my shit back.

This is the time where I let Aria go for good.

I'm not leaving ILLICIT or trying to figure out everything that's happening to me. I need to drown myself more with work and try to work everything Adrian again.

"Are you okay?" I turned to see Phoenix sitting beside me.

"You're not suppose to be here." I hissed and Phoenix ordered a drink for himself.

"Why can't I?" I ignored him and asked the bartender for another drink.

"I heard about Aria."

"It's none of your business, Sterling. If you want to butt into my business, you shouldn't have left." I said coldly and he took a sip of his drink. When the bartender gave me my new drink, I drank it like water. I paid for all the drinks and got up from my seat.

"Chance." He called me but I walked away not even bother to talk to him.

Just like Dean, I was hurt too by seeing them leaving. Even though I told them that I'll be okay but I'm not okay. I'm far from okay and they know that. I hate when people leave my life, that's why I try my best not to have deep attachment with them.

As I walked out from the bar, my phone rang and it's Aria. I picked it up right away.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Is everything okay? You just left earlier."

"I had an important meeting, sorry." I said as I started to making up lies in my head.

"I was wondering if you want to have dinner with me?" She asked and I looked at the time. It's 10 p.m at night and it's not a surprise for me when she asked that.

"Sure."

"Great! Let's go to our favorite restaurant, I'm craving their pizza!" She said squealing and I can't help but smile hearing her.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes."

"Great, I'll see you there." She said and ended the call. I got into the lift to go down to the lobby. I leaned to the lift walls and sighed.

"Let me just enjoy this until she gets married.. by then.. I'll let her go."

-

Please vote, comment and share to boost my book!
Instagram:
- @janicesurjadi
- @officialbeyondlocks
- @the7goldlifes
- @the5illicit

Thankyou❤️