three.

//Michael's P.O.V\\

When I got to Calum's house, I didn't bother knocking. Calum's mother, Joy, treated me like another son, I'm welcome in the house. She was standing in the kitchen parallel to the front door.

Joy smiled fondly at me. "Michael!" She greeted warmly. "How are you? Have you been eating well? You look a little thin."

"I'm fine, thank you. Where's Calum?" I asked.

"He's upstairs in his room. He's been expecting you."

I nodded and made my way upstairs. I knew this house like the back of my hand; I was there more than I was at my own house. Joy didn't work, so she was home all the time; the exact opposite of my own house. It was comforting.

"Mikey!"

When I got to the door way of Calum's room, I saw he wasn't alone.

There was a boy sitting next to him, in a school footie uniform. He had blonde hair that flopped over his baby blue eyes. He was lanky and thin. He glanced up at me, and I see him looking me up and down.

"Um...Calum. Who's he?" I asked softly, looking down to my feet. "I didn't think you were inviting anyone else..."

I knew I seemed rude, but I just couldn't help it. My social anxiety always got in the way. I felt a knot in my throat, and my hands were already almost shaking. Pathetic.

"Thats why I invited you, silly!" Calum chuckled. I wanted you two to meet. Luke, this is Michael, my best friend. Michael, this is Luke, a good friend from the footie team."

//Calum's P.O.V\\

Michael froze at that, and he stared blankly at Luke. His skin was about two shades paler than usual. He looked like a vampire, with the pale skin, dark hair and clothes. The silence in the room was deafening. I could feel Luke tense up against me as Michael looked him up and down. He didn't know why Michael was scrutinizing him- and neither did I, to be honest. I didn't blame Luke for being hesitant.

"Uh..." Luke said awkwardly, staring to the black-haired boy. He seemed skeptical of Michael, and judging by his reaction, I can't blame him.

His voice seemed to break Michael from his trance. "I'm sorry...I tend to shy away from new people." Michael told Luke softly. "Calum usually gives me a warning before introducing me to people." His voice was teasing, but he looked to me when he said that, and his eyes were angry. Something is telling me there'll be an argument after Luke was gone.

...

I was right.

Michael rounded on me the moment Luke was out the door. He was glaring at me, and his cheeks were flushed, and his eyes were teary.

"What the hell was that, Calum?! You barely looked at me while he was here! When the fuck did you get a new best friend? And when was you current one going to be informed!" And I knew that this wasn't him being actually angry at me, he was just insecure. He was always worried I would replace him.

"He's not my best friend, Michael." I told him calmly. "He's just a friend on the football team, okay? I enjoy his company, but you're my best friend. Nothing can change that."

"How do you know?!" Michael cried. He tugged at his dark hair, ignoring how I flinched at how hard he pulled at it. "You want to replace me, don't you?" His voice got softer and softer, and he looked down to the carpet, as if it was interesting.

"Michael!" I shake my head vigorously and pulling him towards me before lifting his chin so he had to look at me. "How could you think I'd replace you? We've been friends for years. And I will never replace you with anyone."