ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞: 𝔸𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣

The bus had left Keeley behind, and now she was alone, once again

She wandered through the ruins of the prison feeling disoriented and stunned, holding tightly to the sheriff's hat in her hands as she tried to make her way to cell block C.

A wave of mixed feelings consumed Keeley as she fumbled with the metal door.

She felt angry that she let her emotions take control of her all the time. Angry that she couldn't kill the Governor when she had the chance, if only she could've just mustered up the courage to pull the trigger, Hershel would still be alive right now. Keeley felt that everything was her fault all because she couldn't stomach taking another person's life.

Especially a monster's life.

But right now, she needed to keep her emotions in check because that last thing she needed was to break down, thinking about everything she had just witnessed and lost.

Keeley needed a couple of supplies for the road, she couldn't stay at the prison and it was insane of her to think that the others might come back even after everything just happened. She needed to keep faith but it was getting harder and harder.

All Keeley wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry her eyes out because she couldn't face reality. She didn't want to believe that her worst nightmare was coming true.

She didn't want to believe that her family was gone.

Keeley was speechless at the damage the Governor had caused to her former home. Smoke filled the corridors, glass littered the floor, scorch marks covered the walls. The mess hall was unrecognizable and sunlight seeped through the giant holes in the wall created by the tank.

Her home was destroyed.

She had somehow managed to find the cell that she shared with Beth and Keeley pulled out her backpack that was still under the bed from her run at the Big Spot.

Keeley opened the bag to see that the first-aid kit and camera was still there, untouched.

She grabbed a few clean shirts and pants and didn't bother folding them, shoving them in the bag as she was in a hurry, hearing the groans getting louder from both outside and inside the prison.

Keeley grabbed one of Maggie's old sweaters that she let Keeley keep when she outgrew it and threw it on followed by her jean jacket. She was about to leave the cell when she spotted her necklace on the desk she shared with Beth.

She took it off after the Big Spot, and Beth offered to clean the blood off of it, knowing it had so much sentimental value to Keeley.

Keeley smiled a little before she quickly clasped it around her neck, before heading towards the infirmary.