GETTING BACK ON TRACK.

Bpov

I woke up to Edward gently shaking me telling me I needed to get seat belted in. I started thinking about what he told me last night. "I'm so sorry for putting you in this state of emotions. But everything will be alright. All you got to is let me in and learn to trust me." How do I trust him or let him in. I get taken out of my train of thought. "You ready?" Edward asked me. I nod my head and follow him off the plane. I look and there was a jeep already waiting for us. We loaded it up and headed out.

We pull into a motel for the night, so we could look at the map. Edward went and got something to eat. I decided to jump into the shower. Once I was done I got out and dried off. Once I was dressed I walked out and sat down at the table looking at the map. Edward sets some food down in front of me and another map. "I thought this might help." He told me. I open it open and it showed off road trails and everything.

"It does thanks!" I told him. Once I get our route mapped out. I decided to head to bed. I was dreaming about when Mike kidnapped me. I remember after the gun went off what he said. "I won't stop until I have you Swan. You're mine." Know one knew what he had said to me. I woke up and it was morning. I look around and don't see Edward. I just shrug my shoulder and just get up and get dressed.

I have to make sure we stop and get heavier jackets and warmer sleeping bags. Nights can get cold. Once I get my boots on I heard the door. I froze, I don't know why but I just did. I slowly sit up and turn around and it was Edward. I take a deep breath. Edward hands me a cup of coffee. I tell him thank you and also tell him we need to stop somewhere and told him what we needed.

Once we got everything thing we needed we were off. Edward was driving. I knew I wanted to get back out there. We were going to stop at a state park for a couple of days. Edward starts going through the radio stations and I told him to stop when I heard Adele set fire to the rain. I reached over and turned it up. I started to tap my foot and singing along with it.

I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak,
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

When I lay with you
I could stay there
Close my eyes
Feel you here forever
You and me together
Nothing gets better

'Cause there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew,
All the things you'd say,
They were never true, never true,
And the games you'd play
You would always win, always win.

But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
When it fell, something died
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!

Sometimes I wake up by the door,
That heart you caught must be waiting for you
Even now when we're already over
I can't help myself from looking for you.

I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rain,
And I threw us into the flames
When it fell, something died
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, ohhhh!

Oh noooo
Let it burn, oh
Let it burn
Let it burn

I could heard Edward chuckle. I turned and smiled. "There's my Bella!" I heard him say. I just shake my head. "Stop at the next gas station." I told him. I needed some coffee and donuts plus get back behind the wheel. He pulls into a truck stop. I grin and turn to Edward. "What"s that grin about?" I just jump out of the jeep and walk into the truck stop.

I seen baseball caps and I walk over to them. I seen a cute pink one and grab it. I seen a black one and I grabbed it for Edward. I went and grabbed some coffee and donuts. "Hey pretty lady." The guy caught me off guard. I turned and looked at him. He looked like a middle-aged man that was giving me a weird look. "How much do you cost?" My mouth dropped open. "Excuse me!" I said in shock. "How much to have fun with you?" What does this guy take me for.

"Ummm, I'm sorry but I don't know what you think I am, but I'm sure not a lot lizard or whatever you call them up here. So if you excuse me I like to pay for this stuff and be on my way." I walked away from him. Edward walked up behind me. "Got everything?" I look at him and nod. We walk back out towards the jeep. "Give me the keys, I want to drive." Edward smiles and throws them over to me. I get into the driver's seat the first time since Mike kidnapped me. It feels good. I wonder if I'm going to be able to be able to shoot a gun again.

The more I drove the more I felt like myself. I turned up the the radio station and just let myself go but kept my eye on the road. I could feel Edward staring at me. I just ignore him. After hours of driving we finally get to the state park. We found a perfect spot and set up camp. I look around and took a deep breath. I know it's going to take me time to get back to myself totally, or maybe this will be a start to a new beginning and a stronger me. I don't really know.

As I look around I catch my eye on Edward. But I know this much, I want to know what it feels like to be love, to know what it feels like to not have the worry or fear of being hurt. Not shield myself from the pain. Maybe I can open up and let Edward in and not be invisible ever again. Can I trust him enough. Maybe I can grow to trust him. If he willing to try maybe I should.

I tell Edward I'm going for a walk by myself that I will be back. I get to a top of a hill and look around and could see out over the tree tops forever. It was so beautiful. I fall to my knees and look up to the sky. Tears start to fall. "Rebecca if you can really hear me, help me open my eyes, so I can see what Edward has to offer. Help me open my heart to feel love and happiness. Help me let Edward in my life. Most of all help me with this pain that hurts so much, from losing my best friend, my sister, from losing you! I miss you, and I ask of you this last thing to help me to make it easier please! I know I need to let go, but I need this last thing from you, because I can't do this by myself. Just guide me to the path I need to go on. That's all I ask." I finally look down to the ground.

I feel like a heavyweight been lifted from me. I get up and walk back. I stopped at the end of the trail and see Edward moving around the campsite. I just stand there and watch him. Edward was making dinner. Everything he does was for me. He made this trip possible. I was able to see Jacob again, my only true family, because of him. All he ask from me is to let him in. I can at least and try to let him in first. He turns and see me. He gives me that crooked smile.

I walk up to him and stop in front of him. "Are you alright?" He asked me. "I will be. I'm willing to try to let you in. Will start there, the trust you have to earn. The other well will see." I explained to him. "That all I can ask for." Edward says and kisses the top of my head before he goes back and makes dinner.

.
I do not own all my characters in my story Stephanie Meyer does.
I own the rest of the characters and the story.