[12] First Birthday II

Kakashi pov

Wednesday came faster than I wanted it to, but it did and I still felt unprepared for Gummi's birthday. At five in the morning I found myself by the KIA stone staring semi peacefully at the names of my friends.

"Today, marks a year since I haven't been alone. Honestly, I really don't know how to feel..." I sighed scratching my hair. "Obito...I bet you'd have been able to plan this party better, but I'd have gotten the better gift for her." I chuckled a bit imagining him yelling at me.

I stayed by the grave until sunrise then made my way back home. I finished up the cake decorating, placing it back into the fridge before going to wake Megumi.

Seeing her sleeping so soundly as she let out tiny snores brought a smile to my face. I picked her up out of her crib setting her onto the bed gently as I leaned over her pulling my mask down in order to shower her face with kisses.

"Gummi. Wake up. Come on Gummi bear, open those beautiful eyes for your aniki." I kept kissing her cheeks until she whined and opened her eyes.

She blinked up at me a few times still half asleep but reaching her hands to place them on my face.

"Anii..." she smiled showing me her three growing teeth. Five, if we count the new ones I can see growing.

"Happy birthday Gummi bear." I lifted her up placing an extra-long kiss on her cheek inciting giggles from her.

"Anii!!" She tried pushing me away as she giggled but I stayed where I was until I thought it enough.

"How about breakfast before we go about the day?"

"Mn!" She nodded.

Nodding back I carried her to the kitchen placing her to sit on her high chair as I gave her a different kind of breakfast. Pancakes and eggs.

"This is called pancakes. I think you'll like it." She blinked staring at it for a bit.

"Panncae?" I nodded.

"Yep, pancakes. See?" Megumi looked at me as I ate a piece. For my second attempt, it tasted good.

She tried it after, face lighting up with her first bite. I smiled eating my breakfast as well.

After breakfast, I gave Gummi her first gift. A dress to go to the picnic with. I also placed her hair in a ponytail. Once we were both dressed and I got all the stuff I was bringing to the picnic we left the house.

•••••

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGUMI-CHAN!!!" Everyone I invited appeared in puffs of smoke or out the bushes as soon as we walked into the field.

"Wahh!!" Megumi stumbled back falling onto her butt with wide eyes as she looked around before laughing "Tank you!!"

Everyone laughed and the picnic began.

"Come to okaa!!" Kushina-san held her arms out for Megumi to run into as soon as she was safely sat down.

"Kaa-san!" Megumi ran full speed towards her getting lifted into the air as soon as she was in Kushina's arms.

"Aha! Look how big my Mei-chan's getting ya know! Waa!! And so pretty too!!"

"Kaa-san petty too!!" I smiled watching her get cuddled- half to death- by her mother figure.

"Look at that! You managed to plan a party!" Sensei laughed as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Kushina-san came up with the idea."

"And you brought it to life. Ah, she really needed this day out the house, they both did!"

"Mei-chan! Do you remember me?" I looked back to see Mikoto-san was also now sat down by Kushina-san.