Cooper - Carnival

A/N Just a shortish one. Sorry for the lack of update, not feeling very motivated at the moment, work is very stressful :/

PAIRING: Copper x Reader

Words: 1.1k

-----------------------------------

Today was your second official date with Cooper, you had been friends with the skater boy for a few weeks before you actually went on your first date, so it wasn't the awkward get-to-know you stage. You could freely be yourself around him and him with you.

You had seen a post on your Instagram about a carnival being in your area and were soon begging Cooper to go with you, them being on of your favourite events. He couldn't say no to you.

As soon as you'd driven into the car park your eyes lit up. The lights so colourful and almost blinding, giggles and laughter filling the air from people of all ages. Fairground music flowing with the wind.

You felt a hand wrap around yours and bring you back into the real world, Cooper's smile meeting your eyes and you realised it was him. Soon being dragged into the park and into the madness.

You started with the house of mirrors, taking way too many photos on each others phone and dying of laughter at some of the effect they had on your bodies. You went on a few of the rides, feeling nauseous at their surprising intensity. But soon you had grabbed a few snacks as you walked around, calming both your stomachs.

You then started playing a few of the games. Well, it was more Cooper was trying to win you every single toy he could but wasn't having much luck. He'd easily spent $30 at this point, trying to win you a huge teddy bear on a ring toss game. You wanted to laugh at how much he was trying to conceal his frustration as he threw another set of rings.

"Cooper its fine, let's move on" you stated, lightly rubbing his back, trying to ease him away. But he shook his head.

"I'm going to get it on this one, I promise" he smiled, turning back to the man on the stand and handing him a few more notes.

You leant against the wooden counter and crossed your arms, thinking about how sweet it was that persistent Cooper was after you'd briefly commented in passing how cute the bears were on this game.

You were brought out of your thoughts by some alarm bells blaring and Cooper cheering. He grinned over at you and waved you closer. As you stepped towards him you could see his high score above the piles of hoops and bottles.

"So, what prize do you want?" The guy asked, secretly relieved you'd finished playing, stepping aside so you two could see all the options.

Cooper lifted his hand in a way to signal for you to choose,

"No Cooper, you won! After all that chose your own prize!" You insisted, shaking your head as you laughed, watching Cooper roll his eyes and turn back to the man. He pointed towards the back of the wall and was soon holding a huge panda in his arms before outstretching it to you.

"Take the damn bear" Cooper said through his own light laughter, seeing your eyes light up. You were about to retaliate but Coop was shoving the toy into your arms. You sighed but happy wrapped your limbs around it, your smile almost painful at this point as your gaze met Coopers.

"Thank you" you said quietly, words muffled as you pressed your face into the bear before you were leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek.

Cooper pouted once you moved back, "I think you missed" he teased as he wiggled his brows, making you giggle.

"Hmm, I don't think I did" you replied in the same tone, removing one of your arms from around the bear to grab his hand, leading him further into the fare.

By the end of the night you'd been around almost all the stalls and played almost every game. The endless laughter exhausting both of you, your face aching from smiling non-stop. Your fingers still interlocked, your other hand around your panda bear and Cooper's other feeding you cotton candy, as you made your way out of the park and back to Cooper's car.

You opened the back door to his car and Cooper couldn't help but look at you weirdly from his side, before realising you weren't getting in the back, but just putting your bear on the seat and strapping it in so it wouldn't fall over. He laughed to himself but couldn't help the warmth that spread through him at how cute you were. You met his eyes over the roof of the car once you stood and closed the door, blushing as you took note of his smile.

"He all ready to go?" Cooper mocked, making you blush harder.

"Yup he'd safe now" you replied, sticking out your tongue before getting into the car yourself.

The ride back to your house was quiet, enjoying the random songs the radio was playing on low while Cooper drove. His eyes would flicker to the side every so often to check on you, just to see if you were still awake, plus he just liked to look at you.

The gravel under the wheel crunched as he parked on your drive. You hopped out first to grab your bear but heard Cooper's door open too and soon he was by your side. The short walk to your front door was filled with small comments about the night sky, making you smile knowing Cooper didn't want to leave just yet as he kept talking. You took the step up to your front door, turning to meet the soft eyes of Cooper.

"I had a really great time tonight y/n" he stated shyly, brushing some of his hair from in front of his face as he looked slightly up to you.

"Me too" you replied, feeling yourself fixate on how Cooper was looking at you, feeling the rest of the world blur.

Cooper then bit his lip slightly in thought, his eyes darting down to your lips before he shook away his thoughts. Taking a step closer to you and pressing a light kiss to your cheek before leaning away, only giving a few inches between your faces. Leaving behind a heated patch on your skin, you suppressed your nervous giggles.

"I think you missed" you commented quietly, still feeling his breath against your skin. You could just about see his smile grow and hear a small exhale from him before your eyes were closed and his lips were on yours.

It lasted only a few seconds, but you felt I like held a thousand meanings. You both held 100 watt grins as you leant back. Not saying another word as you unlocked your door and stepped into your house, giving him a small wave before it was closed again.

You gently leant yourself back against the wood, sighing happily. As you took a few steps in your pocket vibrated, pulling your phone out and being met with the message you were hoping for:

"So, when can I see you again?" – Cooper.