CHAPTER. 6

"Don't fret around baby. You look great!"

Irina considered Sarelle's words as she looked herself in the giant mirror of her vanity table. She did look good. Her features composed yet Sensual. What she was not sure of was wheather she wanted to go for this look.

Her dress dress was long, a shimmering midnight blue complimenting her fair skin. Her legs were covered. She never did like dresses that had a slash. The dress had an intricate web around her neck in silver. Her cleavage covered. But her arms and back bare. The edge laying precariously close to end of her back. It made her shiver. Her hair was tied up in a bun of messy curls. For jewellery she wore her mother's precious diamond earings and a bracelet. Her lips were covered in a dark red lipstick and she loved her eye makeup. Courtesy of Sarelle. Yup. She looked good. Her confidence roared back.

"I'm ready!". "Yes you are girl. Show everyone what you are made of!" Sarelle laughed.

                   ***************

"Hello Kyle." He kept composed but inwardly he wanted to groan. Not now. He was already running thin on patience. "Won't you ask me to dance?" Devina's voice was syrupy sweet. "Come on. Just one dance." She said huskily. Not wanting to create a scene he held out his hand which was grasped immediately. So much for her being nonchalant.

"Devina. This is the last time I will accept this behaviour." He said when their dance was coming to an end. She did not pretend to misunderstand. No. Devina was too smart for that. He could see her cunning in her eyes. Smiling she said "Kyle darling. Surely you do not expect me to just back off? I believe we can be great together. And I certainly do not see my replacement on your arm." Her words may portray him to be a playful bastard but he did not care. He did not reply and knew she did not expect him to.

His eyes were scanning the crowd now. Where are you?  She should be here by now. All he knew was that she would be here today. As to why he did not know. He refused any further information from his friend.

His dance with Devina ended and he was about to head back to his table when he noticed everyone's attention had diverted to the entrance. The chief guest had arrived. Hmm. Wondering who he would be he turned and froze.

Irina felt as if she had been sucker punched. Her breathing stopped. Holding her gaze was the man who had haunted her dreams for the past four years. There was no doubt it was him. With the way he froze it was clear he recognized her too. And did not expect her to be here.

"Miss Irina. It's a pleasure you could join us." She met the gaze of the most senior member of the board of directors of her company. Albert was an old man but his gaze spoke of intelligence and sharpness. He was not a man to be messed with. He was one of those who took away her rights. Forcing her calm facade back she smiled. She was certain none of her inner turmoil would be betrayed. "Hello Albert. It is a pleasure to be here."

He smiled. The game of pleasantries was on.

                    ****************

She was tired. He could feel her strain. Though to a casual eye it would not appear so. She was graceful. Smiling gently to everyone. Appearing fully engaged in every conversation. But he could see, could sense the lines of tension in the way she carried herself.

For the past two hours he had just observed her. After his initial shock of her being who she clearly was had passed. He had observed her covertly. Looking for the right time to approach. Which would be right about now.

He walked silently towards her. Not giving anyone chance to interrupt him. He was just about to place his hand on her shoulder when she tensed. He smiled. His prey had sensed his arrival