A Broken Road- 10

I woke up the next morning with a hand resting on my bare thigh. It only took a few moments for the events of last night come flooding into my mind and I knew exactly where I was and whose hand was just inches from my no-no square. Alex.

I slowly stood from the soft and warm bed that I was sleeping in last night. With Alex. Luckily, he was still asleep and I didn't waste any time gathering my stuff and scurrying out of his room and into my own. I forced myself not to think about what had happened last night and just blocked it out. My main concern was getting out of that house, I just didn't want to there. A feeling that I'm growing very used to. I got dressed in dark jean shorts with a light gray sweater and grabbed my keys before quickly tip toing down the stairs of the house, hoping that Alex was still sleeping. He probably is with the hangover he has to have right now.

When I got downstairs, I jumped when I saw Charlie sitting on the couch. When he heard me, he looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Good morning," he said.

I smiled innocently at him. "I thought you'd be at work by now," I said awkwardly.

"I'm going in late today," he explained. "Where were you two last night?"

"A party," I said, because I didn't see any use in lying, I don't really see how he could punish me, and it's not like he said I couldn't go.

"How drunk did you get?" he asked.

"I didn't drink, actually, but I appreciate the amount of respect you have for me," I said sarcastically.

"You don't have to lie to me," he tried to sound reassuring.

"If I was lying, I wouldn't have even told you about the party," I said, rolling my eyes. "I didn't drink."

"Did Alex?"

I thought for a minute. I didn't want to rat him out by being honest, but I also wasn't willing to "Ask him yourself." I finally came up with. Genius.

"Alright, fine. You can leave now," he sighed, motioning towards the door.

I didn't need anymore than that, so I just quickly exited the house to continue with my day.

I was out of the house for a few hours, shopping for things for the room that I was decorating. The only way I could cope with the redecorating was by convincing myself that it wasn't for me, I was decorating it for somebody else because if I let myself believe the truth, it would come crashing down on me like a ton of bricks. This house would feel more permanent, and I don't want that. So I ignored the obvious and lie to myself to get through it. I really did enjoy shopping for the room, though. I found this gorgeous faux fur blanket with some fun pillows and this amazing rug that was really expensive, but totally worth it. Especially since it wasn't my money to begin with.

I left the last store, Wal-Mart, with three 60 packs of crayons and a six pack of ginger ale for Alex. I don't know why, but I guess my maternal instinct shows when somebody gets a hangover. I was the same way with Anna when she would wake up hungover after the parties that she went to, and ginger ale was one of her favorite hangover cures.

Once I got back home, Charlie had went off to work and Alex still wasn't around. I noticed his car still in the drive way and assumed he must still be sleeping. I don't know why, but ever since I woke up, he's been on my mind a lot. And that's annoying. He had told me that I got to him, and I didn't really know what to take from that. Last night, when I was reeling from the assault in the backyard, I had no problem pushing him off of me and telling him that he didn't affect me.

But the next day, I wasn't so sure. He was very attractive, but his sober personality was just so shitty. I would be lying to myself if I said that I didn't enjoy touching his butt last night though.