Chapter 4: I'm done with titles, it's just 4

Harry:

"What do you want?" I asked speaking to Louis.

"Nothing from you kid." Louis said.

"But I have to get you something." I said.

"I really don't need anything from you. At least your coming. Mom and Dad both aren't coming because of work, we live too far away from any family, I just want a party with my friends. Invite your friends, I don't care, just be there." Louis said.

I was quiet during Louis' outburst. Mom and Dad had said they'd be here, but just last night they called me. They called me and told me to tell Louis that they wouldn't be able to make it. This was too much work and they didn't want to upset Louis by them telling him.

Lou and I were used to it by now. Sometimes they were here, sometimes they weren't, and a expensive present was in their place. Some people may think that's nice. At least they sent a gift, but to us it wasn't nice. Even at young ages, they weren't there and in their place was a nanny. When Louis was old enough, the nannies stopped and in came the gifts. You'd think we would be spoiled rich kids, but we're not and we never will be. We kept each other in check, but we liked having fun with the money. Who wouldn't?

"I've invited Zayn and knowing him, he'll bring the party people with him. I only invited Niall from my friends. What about Nick? Can I invite him? Please? Please?" I asked.

His name left my mouth and Louis' arm twitched. He had his back to me, but I knew he was glaring at whatever dish he was washing. His head snapped to me with the pissed off expression meaning I added one person too far and he didn't like it.

I didn't get why whenever I talked about or even mentioned Nick, Louis would become angry. Not jealousy anger, cold anger. The anger that comes years after, when someone ate the last slice of pie when you called it. He held this unknown grudge on Nick and I didn't understand why, Nick was awesome.

"Nick's not invited." Louis said.

"But he's so cool." I said.

"He's not invited." Louis said.

"I don't get why you don't like him anymore. You guys used to be friends." I said.

"Used to be. Not anymore and you have no business getting into it, don't invite him." Louis snapped.

I pushed a button. To be fair I didn't think I went that far, but there went my brother walking past me with one hand over his eyes and the other over his chest.

I wanted to know. Did Nick hurt him in some way? Who would want to hurt Louis? Louis was funny, outgoing, kind, and even as a brother I knew he was gorgeous. His blue eyes were killers to anyone who looked in them long enough, he had the voice that was like an angel, people loved him the first time they met him. He was a bit insensitive from time to time, but who isn't? I didn't get why a drift would occur between him and Nick.

I went off in search of my phone to call Nick. The one thing I could always count on my parents for telling me was to always talk things out. It's one of the only reasons Louis and I can live together. The rules we have to live by unless we want a live in babysitter.

-

Christmas Day is the day to spend time with your family and the day after was the day to rest after the that. For some people it was hell, other it was heaven. For Louis and I, it was celebration of Louis last year of being a teenager. There was the fake cries and dramatic speeches, but that was life here.

He left our parents gifts for him alone, but I opened mine. This year I got one big box that was from both of them. Louis watched me as I opened it.