HP_& The Power Unknown (By Priya Ashok)

Harry/Ginny

Adventure+Complete

Harry Potter - the Power Unknown 

Chapter - 1 

Albus Dumbledore was very happy.

His life was one of hardship from the beginning, struggle in the middle and finally it was fulfillment time now, and thankfully before he could reach the end of his life. His family had been on the poor side and he and his brother had had to compromise their wants and desires to a very great extent.

His mother had been a squib and his father was almost one. It was very fortunate his brother and himself had strong Magic in them. He specially had an impressive magical core. His brother had been content to test his own Magic by experimenting on rather unfortunate and inappropriate charms on various animals and his specialty was goats.

But he, Albus was very ambitious, calculative and extremely cunning. He was manipulative and would do anything to get his way, anything.

He had to wait for almost an eternity for amassing true power though. Not that he had been waiting in the wings, though for all these years. He had by his sixth year as a Ravenclaw (Slytherin had been a close second according to the hat) realized his full magical strength and he had complimented that by increasing his magical core by blood rituals that were extremely dark in nature.

He had been very, very careful about those rituals and had made sure no one was aware. He passed out from Hogwarts, passing his NEWTS with sixteen 'outstandings', taking care no one would ever read the real Albus Dumbledore.

He joined Flourish and Blotts and devoured books on various magical subjects, like Occlumency, Legilimency, spell crafting, Ancient Magic. His strength had always been Transfiguration and in the next year and a half he took his Master's in Transfiguration and passed it with honours.

On the side he had delved into the Dark Arts and gathered a double masters degree's worth of knowledge in it. Among the rituals he had performed one of the darker rituals had consisted of adding special magical talents. He had after much effort succeeded in becoming a partial metomorphagus. He could change his eye colour, hair colour and length, nose and lips.

He used that to create an alternate identity. He became a young man who would go around in anonymity into Knockturn Alley often and became very knowledgeable about the shops dealing in the Dark Arts, like Borgin and Burkes, Aberfonty Arts, Windell's Place and the like.

He made friends with all the owners of these shops by working part time in the evenings in all of them, and managed to steal a huge amount of valuable books, using his Transfiguration skills to create identical copies, that he used to palm off as the originals.

He collected a vast library of books in this fashion in the next five years he worked in Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. He waited for an opportunity patiently all this while, to realize his life's ambition.

POWER. MONEY. POSITION. A VERY LONG LIFE TO ENJOY IT ALL. That was all, he wanted from life, wanted in his life, for his happy living.

Power he decided was in Hogwarts. That was the seat of real power, from where he could slowly extend his influence to the Ministry and the entire Wizarding world with the students he would cultivate.

He was by nature careful and the moment he started his forays into the Dark Arts he had been exceptionally good-natured on the outside till it became second nature to him.

Money, he was obsessed by it as he had not the good fortune to have it in plenty. He was a genius in stealing money. He used yet another identity to create his first hundred thousand galleons by dint of fraud and malpractice and from there he made many more millions legally, until he never had to ever worry about money for the next few hundred years.