Chapter 15 Starcrossed Lovers

(This chapter is dedicated to @Atari24 for her numerous comments and warm greetings :-) )

Hey everybody! Miss me. Cuz I missed you. So here it is, the next chapter.

You know the drill

Vote

Comment

Fan

**

Ian's POV

I used to complain about babies crying in public places. I would always think 'Why can't their parents just shut them up?'

My mother always told me that I wouldn't understand babies until I had one.

She was right.

My little bundle of joy had been crying nonstop for the past 20 minutes, and worse yet, there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I knew when I put her in her car seat that a little whining would be involved. But I never expected the full on wailing I was currently experiencing.

"Sweetheart please we are almost there!" Just breathe. Just breathe. Only 10 more minutes and I'm free. I was turning over my little 'angel' for the weekend to her grandmother.

Vera's mother. Thankfully she was nothing like her daughter. She was the picture of perfection. Extremely clean and well kept house, and she continued to run her own business even after her husband died. It's a wonder that her daughter turned out so unwell.

Finally the gates of Vera's manor came into view. She wasn't home this weekend and I immediately jumped at the idea of giving my Belle to her grandmother knowing her mother wouldn't be around to corrupt her.

The guard waived me in and I came to a gentle stop in front of the sprawling mansion. Even after seeing it a million times I'm still amazed. Vera's lived in the lap of luxury and because of her mother's wealth she wanted for nothing.

As soon as I opened the door and stepped out a staff member was at my side to help me. I waived him off and pulled Belle out of her car seat myself. And surprise surprise, she stopped crying.

Pfft, kids. They are never satisfied.

I carried her through the large wooden door into the foyer. I stopped at their grand staircase, already knowing the drill. In a few moments Jaqueline would come floating down the stairs and kiss me on both cheeks.

"Ian Darling!" Oh right on time. She took each step as if it were a cloud and she was ascending from heaven.

"Hello Jaqueline, your looking lovely as ever." Her smile widened immensely at the compliment before she placed two gentle kisses on my cheeks.

"Please darling call me Mom. And how is my lovely Belle doing hmm?" Belle had the grace to smile as if she wasn't just screaming her head off a few moments ago.

" Jaqueline, you know I love you, but given the circumstances I think calling you mom would be somewhat strange." I tried to keep my smile on my face but I noticed hers tighten slightly before she quickly recovered.

"Honestly Ian darling, I don't know why you and my daughter can't work this out. From what I hear Matthews is no longer a factor. Shouldn't everything be fine now. You love my daughter, she loves you, it's rather simple really." She sent me a hopeful look as she rocked Belle back and forth gently.

"Jaqueline, Creed's death doesn't erase the betrayal. I used to love your daughter yes, but my feelings have changed. I do want to stay close though. Belle needs her mother." She looked irritated a moment before huffing a small sigh.