emergency

"You did what?" Sam shouted, rage filling his voice as every spoken word got louder than the previous.

"Listen, I don't like this either. Dude says he can help Cas, do I trust him? No, but he's our only shot. Cas isn't gone-gone. He's just on a temporary vacation." I explained to Sam sounding much more convincing than I actually felt.

"This is no more than I'd do if it were you. And you'd do the same for me. He's one of us, I need him back" I finished.

I didn't even realise why I just said that, but it was the most honest thing I'd felt.

"Listen, man, just hear him out. See what he got to say. Of course I'm not letting some crazy person mess with him, but if it's true that he's not gone I wanna get him back, with or without you."

I didn't dare to face him, I could almost feel his disappointment. He obviously knew this was my weakness.

"Dean, this is crazy. Why would you believe him? For all we know about demons and archangels they're liars. Number 1 rule of dad's!" Sam said now standing up with his sincere look on his face.

"Well, screw dad! He was wrong about many things, he didn't know all. Take vamps, he didn't know about those. And he never knew anything about angels." I looked at my brother with so much rage I didn't fear facing him now.

I walked out to the front door and hesitated. This was a time where I hoped Sam wasn't right. If he was, it meant I'd screwed up big time.

I grabbed the handle and swung the door open.

"About time, really. My legs were growing weary from all the waiting. Never thought you two would stop bitching. Now where's my patient?" Balthazar stepped in and i stood still, waiting for Sams reply. I just couldn't face him, this would make him furious.

"You brought him here? Are you insane? What is the point of bringing him to us?" Sam hissed at me and I saw the clear hatred and anger reflecting on his face.

"No, I prefer the term functioning alcoholic. He had to see him, it was the only way-" I started but he cut me off

"No, Dean. If anything, we could've brought Cas to him" Sam said furiously

"Yeah, point taken, okay? I panicked. I didn't see any option and you surely weren't of much help. This is why I'm not the one who should fix things like this!" Was the only thing I could reply.

"You should've talked to me about your intentions." He said now more calm.

"Hello? I'm still here. Can we get to work now, and you guys can kiss and make up later. Jeez you make my ears bleed with all that bickering" he glanced from Sam to me with his usual coyness.
One last killer glare from Sam, and I turned my head to Balthazar
"Yeah, yeah, of course" I hastely said, trying to avoid Sams glare that I still felt on me.
Balthazar walked over to the bed we'd placed Cas on and studied him silently for a while. He cocked his head to either side, as if expecting what he saw to be different depending on the angle he saw it from. His hands fumbled with his coat and ripped up the buttons on his shirt. At this time I dared not look at my brother but did anyways, and I could see he was still pissed.
Balthazar inspected the wing marks, still in silence.
"Alright" he said after what felt like a million hours.
"What? Alright what? You haven't done jack squat yet" I said
"Calm down, Blondie. 'Alright' as in I know what to do next" he said staring only at me.
"Well feel free to involve us" I spat.
"I have to feel his soul. On angels, there is kinda a... Soft spot, let's stick with that, meaning that it is a spot that let's another supernatural being get directly into the soul." He finished as if he expected us to know.
"Do it" Sam said and I realized it was the first time he'd spoken.
"Okay then" Balthazar said and rolled up his sleeve. Then he slowly shoved his hand into castiels chest. I noticed I held my breath as I watched his hand disappear into Cas' chest.
Balthazar had a look of deep concentration on his face. Suddenly Cas' whole body jerked and his eyes opened up with a bright light. Balthazar slowly drew his hand out again and Cas' eyes shut again. I looked at my brother who, once and for all, didn't meet my glance. He looked utterly shocked with a hint of worry.
Balthazar rolled his sleeve back down.
"So? Did it work?" Sam asked.
"Hm? Oh, that. Yes it did. He's fine, at least now he is, after a bit of squeezing." He smiled his coy smile.
"So why is he still- you know?" I asked.
"Ah, he'll wake soon. Don't worry. Now, gotta go. Haven't got all day with you fools"
ZAP
He was gone.
"WAIT-" I shouted, still having unanswered questions.
"Guess we will just wait..." Sam said, clearly these events had taken his mind off of the fact that he was angry at me.